Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Quotes
Heart 
I've been working on some wall decals for my house and I've been trying to find a quote that I'd be okay reading every day when I wake up in the morning without ripping it down ie. nothing perky and nothing that tells me I should dance and sing and be happy. I've thought about quoting dr. seuss, but idk.... Favorite quotes?

My top 3
  • Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
  • You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you
Quotes
Reply }
Albert Einstein had some really cool ones:
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
Reply }
Ah Einstein! Some of my fave Einstein quotes;

Albert Einstein;
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Richard P. Feynman;
"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which are there."
"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
"What I cannot create, I do not understand."

Stephen Hawking;
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
"It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival."
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."

Leonardo Da Vinci;
"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
"He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a year."
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have."

Erwin Schrodinger;
"What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space."

"And that's enough of my physics crap for now I think" - Me. Just now. XD
[Image: Angel.gif]
[Image: RMVXB-1.png][Image: gMakerBar.png]
Reply }
Christopher Hitchens
-----------
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."

"To the dumb question, why me? The cosmos barely bothers to return the reply: 'Why not.'"

Thomas Jefferson
------------
"All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

"Bodily decay is gloomy in prospect, but of all human contemplations the most abhorrent is body without mind."

"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it."
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

Mark Twain

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

"
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

"
'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read."

[I could sit here on him forever lol]

George Carlin

---------

"
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth."

"
Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established."

"
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

"
I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

"
In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."

"
Standing ovations have become far too commonplace. What we need are ovations where the audience members all punch and kick one another."

[George Mutherfuckin Carlin!]

Psshh
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  IRC Quotes! RosyPosy 80 93,892 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
   Chat Quotes II PK8 24 27,425 12-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Hybrida
   Chat Quotes PK8 40 52,070 12-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman