Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 MrMo's ABS Ultimate
MrMo's ABS
ULTIMATE
Version: 7.2

NO LONGER SUPPORTED

Introduction
Utilizing MrMo's ABS version 4.5 as a model, this ABS includes the 20+ addons by DerVVulfman as well as additional enhancements and fixes.

Features
  • Party Rotation
  • Advanced Party follow system
  • Party 'pet' system
  • Key controlled / Window Dialog controlled Party Members
  • Eight directional movement and combat capabilities
  • Enhanced movement systems: sneaking and dashing
  • Enhanced enemy detection and observation system (may require additional scripts)
  • Enemies that run from battle or continue to hunt running targets (may require additional scripts)
  • Enemies drop items or leave corpses when killed
  • Enemy respawn system
  • Melee, Ranged and Explosive /Area Range attack system
  • Reloadable and inexhaustible missile weapons
  • Boomerang effect weapons
  • Multiple Weapon support (requires additional scripts)
  • Enhanced skill and explosive skill system
  • Throwable and explosive area-range item system
  • Landmines and set explosives
  • Optional Mouse control and attack system.
  • Customizable Damage Pops
  • Blood and Splatter effect capability.
  • Continuous / Auto-Battle capability with the mouse
  • Various script calls that can change the ABS's behavior as well as player/enemy HP and SP scores.
  • And more...

Demo
The ABS Demo - RapidShare

Script
Too big. It also relies on an earlier SDK script, included in the demo.

Instructions
A .chm help file is included with the zipped demo.

Compatibility
Requires RPGMaker XP's SDK version 1.5. A number of support and enhancement scripts are also included with the demo.

FAQ
Most of the support scripts (View Range, the Hud, Pathfinding, Mousie) are not essential for the demo. Features within MrMo's ABS Ultimate are merely enhanced by these scripts.

Allowances
The system is still designed in a 'basic' shape. The damage pops are still text-based rather than the custom image-based pops of the Moghunter system, and it uses a characterset switching system for action poses (attack, dashing, etc.) not allowing for Visual Equipment. However, it is possible to create such add-ons to this system and more.

Original Add-On Titles
The following are the MrMo Addons by DerVVulfman, not integrated fully into the system: Sasha's Diagonal Combat, Dawn's Item Drops, Cassandra's Personality Edit, Francesca's Commands, Blue Magic, Combo Pops, Mousie Mo!, Tiffany's Defence, Jessie's Spell Barriers, Madeline's Enemy Damage, Amanda's Slot Extension, Ryda's Improved Vision, Tinuke's Smart missiles, Ingrid's Enhanced Items, Dalissa's Battle Cry, Taryn's Weapon Ammunition, Brynn's Friendly Fire, Marissa's Landmines, Cynthia's Boomerangs, Vicki's Passable Enemies, Jocelyn's Big Booms

Credits and Thanks
Big thanks goes to Muhammet Sivri, otherwise known as "Mr.Mo", and to Prexus for the original Arrow and Magic Ball graphics from the original demo. Other contributers and betatesters during the development of the system include Kalier, PK8, Lockheart, panchokoster, polo12, Mimi-Chan, ~Atlas-Wing~, grimreaper1357, pierce carradine, Nico_14_Ian, jasonweal, vpcdmd, ElMaligno, unrivaledneo, Criz-Zone, Argol228, AGAFURO, Nameless and JayRay.

Terms and Conditions
MrMo had gone on to making his own system with built-in ABS and said "No license is necessary :). I've moved on to developing Express Game Maker and coded a new ABS for it, so I'm quite busy with that. You can improve my ABS for RMXP as much as you wish." With that, this system is free for use, even in commercial projects. But due credit to MrMo, Myself and all those listed in the Credits and Thanks section is necessary.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
PATCHES

A few patches that can be used with the ABS...

PK8's Title Skip 2
Multi-Patch 1 - Bestiary & Passive Skills
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
BUMP!
to version 1.1

A number of things done actually....
  1. I repaired an auto-detect system for Mousie when you're attacking with a missile weapon is concerned.
  2. I removed the auto-detect for DVV'S MiniMap. It's more managable in the config section
  3. I put some hardcoded text into the config section... I'd rather be able to change the text in a config rather than hunt around through a script looking for it.
  4. A minor technical bug was fixed with the Game_Landmines code. I hate echoes.
  5. New material added so the default battlesystem can be used with companions.
    .a) Added handling for DBS BattleTests in the Troop section
    .b) Companions left behind don't show in battle
    .c) Companions left behind show as 'Unavailable' in the main menu
    .d) Cannot equip companions left behind or use their skills
  6. Obviously updated the Help files.

The demo has a default 'ghost' fight. If you leave a companion behind, you'll find he won't be in the battle and won't get any experience points. Even an 'all ally' skill cast in the main menu won't affect companions that you abandon.

Reply }
BUMP!
to version 1.2

Okay... just fixed a stupid bug related to the reload-enhanced weapons. The clip, if selected from the item menu, could have caused a problem if you didn't have the proper weapon equipped. Fixed it.

Reply }
BUMP
to version 1.5

Three things have been done:
  1. A bug report was filed by Criz-Zone of House Slasher related to the companions not performing casting/melee/etc poses when performing these actions. Fixed.
  2. Dash and Sneak poses and actions were never working.... until now. It is now an option you may use. Minor technicality... it means a minor change to the config.
  3. Okay.... why didn't anyone tell me that the Debug / [Ctrl] feature was blocked by companions? I could walk through walls debugging, but the companions could still bar my way? Meh... fixed that stupid glitch in 3 seconds.

Reply }
BUMP!
to version 1.9

First off, a minor correction made in the script to replace an old 'SUFFIX_SKILL' value to 'SUFFIX_CAST'. But that's minor

A major overhaul of the treasure drop system has been made, letting you have an enemy leave behind one object that has all his treasure in one lump, or have multiple items scattered about. Items can jump out as if they spill out of him, or they drop from above like in Diablo. It works much smoother and has no visible Spritemap glitches that I had before, and I cut down on the size doing so. One drawback is that it isn't currently compatible with Selwyn/Squall's MiniMap anymore. Works with mine though.

Another major overhaul is the Barriers system, using some of the same code that Treasure drops now employs. Because of this, Selwyn/Squall's Minimap won't work on it either. However, the Barriers work faster and can now let you create moving barriers. If you want to create a wall of flame that can strike multiple enemies, you can do so.

And a minor tweak to the companions system was made by giving you the option to assign an additional key to the Companion Hotkey system. You can still use your custom defined hotkeys like ... [F] for follow, but you can also set it up to [CTRL][F] for follow, so the game player will need to press combinations. This means your keyboard script has more combinations available.

As a bonus, there are a few new charactersets in the demo, showing off treasure drops for shields, swords, gold, and a couple dead bodies for the 'Rescue the Princess' map.

Enjoy.

Reply }
Okay, I can't stay away....

BUMP!
to version 2.2

First... I added the use of the SDK Addon I wrote, the Event Comment Supplemental. As of now, the ABS comments you put in your enemy can be in any order. You can even have default values! Yep.... Default values are in the configuration, so if all your enemies have a 5 tile range, you don't need to insert a 'See Range' comment anymore!!!

And, There were a few things added here and there, namely the Blood and Gore system. Give unrivaledneo a bit of credit for asking for this. When you hit an enemy, or it hits you, you may have a little blood spray. And you can also have a monster leave a blood stain or something behind. Not just a lootable corpse.

Reply }
Le Bumpe!
To version 2.3

This bump merely fixes an error that occurs when a companion uses a certain skill. Something minor and overlooked... probably the last actual error remaining.

Reply }

BUMP!
to version 2.4

Not bug fixes as really overlooked issues. While I replaced all the animation sequences in the game with the new 'animate pose' system, I overlooked the DEAD pose system for companions. Whoops, my bad. Worked that out, and added an ACTION_DEAD constant for would-be scripters who may use their own animation system.

In the meantime, I also noticed that dead companions stay dead when you try to throw a reviving potion on them. Those potions go WHHHEEEEE!!!!! over their heads. *doh* While you should be able to shoot over dead bodies, items that raise the dead shouldn't miss them. So I added a minor condition that remedied that for items, skills (even if you make a healing wall/barrier, and even weapons that remove the knockout state. Shot with a healing gun? Okay, now it's possible.

Reply }

BUMP!
to version 2.6

Okay... a minor issue was found with the [Rotate backwards] system that didn't let it properly refresh for some scripts. It lacked all the code that the Rotate forward system used. And a couple lines were cleaned here and there.

MEANWHILE....

The demo now includes a fully functional Paperdoll system. You can see that BASIL has been replaced with a Half Kaiser character (hair by ceruleanSkye of the HKCP) and you can equip/unequip the armor, the spear (a short single-handed one), the cap, and pick up a pair of boots in the demo. All of these, changing visibly on the map.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   MrMo's MultiPose Charactersets DerVVulfman 9 14,753 08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   MrMo's ABS Paperdoll System DerVVulfman 4 11,097 08-22-2012, 05:28 AM
   MrMo's Item-Using Skills DerVVulfman 0 4,932 04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
   Meagan's Particles for MrMo's ABS Ultimate DerVVulfman 1 5,410 11-09-2011, 05:02 AM
   MrMo DVV Add-On #4: Francesca's Companions DerVVulfman 31 41,464 08-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Last Post: polo12
   MrMo's HUD DerVVulfman 1 6,806 07-19-2011, 03:50 AM
   MrMo DVV Add-On #2: Dawn's Item Drops DerVVulfman 3 9,152 07-15-2011, 03:50 AM
   MrMo DVV Add-On #21: Jocelyn's Big Booms DerVVulfman 0 5,239 07-14-2011, 03:27 AM
   MrMo DVV Add-On #20: Vicki's Passable Enemies DerVVulfman 0 5,042 07-14-2011, 03:25 AM
   MrMo DVV Add-On #18: Marissa's Landmines DerVVulfman 1 5,935 07-13-2011, 11:53 PM