Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 xbox internet connection?
Heart 
I was curious if anyone here would have any idea what's up with my xbox... I have a Mad Catz wireless adapter that's been working fine for months. All of a sudden my xbox said it can't connect to my network. I worked on it awhile, couldn't figure anything out, so I gave up. The next time I tried, it worked fine even though I didn't do anything. Now, it's started again and I have no idea why :/.... Any ideas?
Quotes
Reply }
I have never owned an Xbox, but if there are any caches of any kinds then you should try emptying them. Check for all kind of configuration and try different settings. Sorry, but that is the best I can come up with :S
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

Reply }
If your xbox recently went and got updated, usually a game disc has this issue, you may have to reformat your settings. Just set it all to default (even if you never changed anything), and if you needed or had to have custom settings, set them a second time. Make sure that if you're on a secured network you've got all the identifying down, and done, and your wireless network accepts the connection.

If that doesn't work test out your adapter, I'm not familiar with the ones by mad catz, but I'ev had adapters die on me while still working to some degree. They appeared to be working. Mine had a li'l blue light turn on when it was connected, and although the blue light was on, it wasn't receiving and/or transmitting. Changing adapters worked, and if I put that adapter on anything else, that anything else lost connection. So it could be that.

Oh, also... If you use any other wireless, turn them off first. Or disconnect them. When my sister used to come over with her PS3, it and my laptop didn't get along. Turning the PS3 on would kill the connection on my laptop, and make it impossible to connect. You might have some interference with another wireless device.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Massive cyberattack hits Internet users DerVVulfman 3 5,187 04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Internet politics? MetalRenard 9 10,746 12-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard