Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The AVI Player
The AVI Player
Version: 1.3

Introduction
Let me for once be quick. ^_^

This system can play .avi files with little to no flicker on playback for both RPGMaker XP and RPGMaker VX projects. And as far as playback in both fullscreen and window modes? No problem. This system works in both modes. The system will not, nor does not need, to change the window to fullscreen in order to play any .avi file.

Oh, and since it's written as a lone 'module' and not as a class, it is VERY easy to use.

Script
The Script

Demo
The RMXP Demo

Instructions
The instructions are in the script. Heck, it takes up more space than the actual code.

Compatibility
Designed for both RMXP and RMVX systems. But it is recommended for RMXP users to use a 'No Hang' system such as Zeriab's that you can find HERE (Location: Archive Forum).

Credits & Thanks
Soundspawn for creating the first AVI Player of course. And for a little bit of sarcasm... Enterbrain for LEAVING THE SUCKER OUT. Aw, come on... The previous versions of the RPGMaker series had them!!!

Terms and Conditions
Ya wanna use it? Go ahead. Just give both me and Soundspawn due credit. Use anyone else's script to prevent hanging... give 'em credit too, okay?
Reply }
I've been testing this script out, it almost porks perfectly, you just need to change 1 little thing.

Line 231 reads:
state = info.unpack("a*")[0].gsub!("\000","")
Change it to:
state = info.unpack("a*")[0].gsub!("\000","").gsub!(" ","")
And it's awesome!

It just fixes up a problem of once the video finishes, it doesn't break the loop unless you press the exit button....
Reply }
I tried replacing my command with the one you suggested, but I had the unexpected and undesired side effect of the system freezing after the .avi file finished playing. So, I will not be including it.

However, if you enjoyed version 1.2, then you will love version 1.3 which now includes the Video.reset command so values like audio, duration, and etc. are returned to their default values.
Reply }
words cannot describe how much this is going to aide in the development of my game Dervv. thank you again.
Reply }
Finally, a proper opening to the game (with a proper minor edits of course) this can make a game look a little more professional if someone have the time to make a animated vid, though it can kill the disk space...
Reply }
Ahhhh, I really wanted to use this script :/ Sadly the links are broken..

Any chance you are able to renew the links? >.< I've been looking everywhere for an AVI player that works.
I used ot have one way back but I can't find it again. :/
Reply }
Been working on link mirrors. Afraid that FileDen has only 40+% of their serviers running... (of course I'm not in that group).... but I got a mirror file for that demo on Rapidshare now.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(05-22-2013, 03:58 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Been working on link mirrors. Afraid that FileDen has only 40+% of their serviers running... (of course I'm not in that group).... but I got a mirror file for that demo on Rapidshare now.
Thanks so much~!
Reply }
Great script!

Sadly When the video plays, every 4 seconds it flashes to the current screen the player is on, making it look buggy and hurts the eyes XD
Reply }
I'm afraid that is a drawback with it and virtually any RPGMaker XP used AVI player. It must check with the Graphics Update method periodically, lest the Graphics class thinks the system stalled. However, this isn't the case when it is used with RPGMaker VX which solved that issue.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }