Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The Team: Getting to know the staff.
[Image: dilgear_by_parsek76.jpg]

DerVVulfman - Admin.

My history with the forum predates Save-Point itself, back with the original owner and founder PK8.  That was the era when we were known with names from RMXPUniverse through to RMVXP.Com. My joining the forum was back in 2007 after a series of events happened at another site known as RMXP.Org (now known as HBGames). But that is another story.

When I was made an Administrator, PK8 was still the owner. And not too long after, Olivia became an admin. After the forced re-branding to Save-Point in 2010, PK8 and Olivia eventually left and MetalRenard joined the team along with Valdred as our Technical Administrator, later to be replaced by Korekame (or Kirito as he is now known in the forum itself).

Hey, guys! I'm 50!!!!

Yeah, I was around with PONG! And the Atari 2600. Hell, I still have my NES system!

When I started messing with RPG gaming, it began with classic 20d die rolling Dungeons and Dragons. And I got an actual PC during the old DOS era, predating Windows. I began making simple games in Basic, if one can call cheap fighter games simple. Okay, it was dirt simple. But I loved games like Wizardry or old school 'Gold Box' Dungeons and Dragons games. So yeah, I have always had a love of RPG games.

I began messing with the RPGMaker line back when a guy named Don Miguel posted that he had permission from ASCII, Inc to translate RPGMaker 95 and RPGMaker 2000 into English as the company had no intent to expand beyond Japan. At that time, RPG Making sites popped up in many places: Gaming World, Lunatic Gaming, and Creation Asylum. The last being the first RPGMaker forum I joined over 14 years ago, and making my presence as DerVVulfman known.

Initially, I had art skills. Or at least pretty decent putting pen to paper with a decent eye for detail. Now I am a scripter with over a decade in experience with Ruby. However, I do have some experience with older versions of Basic, some Cobol, and I grabbed a copy of an idiot's guide to C++ for dummies extraordinaire.

So now I'm the Resident Werewolf, holding the same username and sporting the same anime character as an avatar for well over a decade. And contrary to a particular penguin fox, I don't have fleas.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Team: Getting to know the staff. - by DerVVulfman - 01-28-2018, 05:23 AM