Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 A VVulf works to limit Newbie spam...
While it isn't stated within the registration page, all 'Newbie' status members now see this announcement when they log in:

As a reminder, you must make at least one (1) post within either the Feedback or Occasions forums to become a fully Registered member;
an introductory thread with actual non-Spam content being preferred. Spam intro threads will be deleted.
Registered members have access to the UserCP (Control Panel) , PM (Private Message) system and can post in the Shoutbox.You will also be granted permission to download attachments from that point on.

It used to read thus:

As a reminder, you must make at least one (1) post to become a fully Registered member.
Registered members have access to the UserCP (Control Panel) , PM (Private Message) system and can post in the Shoutbox.
You will also be granted permission to download attachments from that point on.

(Yes... it is green)

The registration page doesn't say it yet.   Nor do I have the other boards locked from newbie posting.

This is phase 1.

It's so handy for Administration Staff to have a 2nd account (not permitted for normal members).   It allows us to test permissions, fix bugs, etc.  The only problem is that the forum's automated promotion system kept BUMPING MY TEST ACCOUNT UP INTO REGISTERED EVERY FEW MINUTES WHILE I WAS GETTING THIS RIGHT!!!!!
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: A VVulf asks: Should Fledgelings be limited to.... - by DerVVulfman - 05-11-2017, 05:40 AM