Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Religious Question
Im a hard core atheist.
For one reason and one reason only.

People are almost always wrong.
In physics people who go and discover new things constanly have to deal with finding something that shatters what they thought they knew.But this doesnt deter them cause for them thats awesome.
Learning that your wrong helps them find the truth ad widdle down to what they were trying to find.

and if those people are wrong, Of course Anyone else guessing at our existence is also wrong.
I was agnostic for aloong time. Always thinking that maybe there is what but even if it was real it was a pointless quest to find it.If it was so vital to us to know god,Itd be easier to attain it.

Like air food and water,god would have to be in reach.Not without its troubles but not a massive problem either.

No religion tells us of this god with any accuracy.

But when I started to delve into physics and the history of physics.
All delusions of god being a maybe were shattered. The more I learn the less realistic the gods of religion become.

How can A god who can create the things like atoms also not be able to control humans with any accuracy?Emotion is not nearly as complex as Atoms or gravity.or anything alse for that matter.

Emotions do one thing and one thing only.They help you decide and grow an opinion.
However gravity is a law of the universe that binds us like the force.
The gods of religion are far too human.

And there in lines the problem.
God is a human. He has limits, and emotional complexities.Hes morally ambiguous but god as a title has always been explained as an all powerful all knowing being.That one little cliam is wrong.God is most defiantly not if the bible or other religious texts were accurate.
Another thing is that God seems to have different triats as the religion itself grows. Jehovah{Yahweh}
Is first described as a vengeful god Who chooses the jews as his people.The god slowly turns into a more fogiving character and his physical form seems to disappear over time.

in the universe we can see that Stars creates elements.They are as close to the god we're looking for that we have found.Now the questions behind the laws of physica themselves are being asked.And a great many possible answers can be true. But Im sorry for those with Faith.But you are most Wrong.

The problems with god are not only the limitations of the writters telling the tales but also the thing itself is highly improbable.
A being that has a conscious but no body? We have never found a single thing with the capacity of a brain without a physical being.And even if it was invisable without hard materials it would still need to be made of some form of energy.Or else it could not bend the powers or create them.

I think it simply boils down to a simple case of refrence. We are creators. So our first answer will be of course that the universe was created.
But thats silly, thats like an artist looking up and saying its merely a pianting,or a kids thinking it was mommy.Your refrence may seem deep.But its just cause our limited form of reference .We only have earth.and even with just earth those gods are defeated.Evolution by itself defeats every creation myth.

I also try to stay away from the more confronting argument that religion is dangerous.
but it is.Religion is the only reason why we have the silly debate of gay rights.the many different terrorists that kill in the name of their gods.

And some psuedo-intellegent people who are simply annoying.Religion can also be blamed of why we take seriously the republicans, Bnp, or any conservitive governing party who turn their back on their voters.
Religion creates over conflict.
And we take these sides seriously.

And yet theres a good reason why I avoid this very legitimate argument.
Cause without that conflict our world wouldnt have progressed as fast as it did.

if the conflicting engine that challenges our morals had been something like sports it would of took alot longer.
Cause we can use anything as a moral engine.
But the speed is important.
If religion wasnt so radically horrible we might have never realized what we accept and what is too far.
So I dont like religion and they are most definably wrong, however I know its an important moral engine.Its up to everyone else to decide for themselves to get a new faster moral engine.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Religious Question - by cosmickitty - 04-12-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: Religious Question - by firestalker5 - 04-12-2011, 04:16 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 04:45 AM
RE: Religious Question - by MagitekElite - 04-12-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: Religious Question - by RosyPosy - 04-12-2011, 06:02 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 06:11 AM
RE: Religious Question - by MagitekElite - 04-12-2011, 06:41 AM
RE: Religious Question - by RosyPosy - 04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
RE: Religious Question - by RosyPosy - 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM