Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced
DerVVulfman,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, football season for me is quite busy. I have a few issues with the system if you have the time to check them out.

1. There is a bug in the audio. Let's say you have your "world map" set to "A" music and your vehicle set to "B" music. If you board your vehicle, and then land, it's all good. However, if you go to your mobile HQ while on your vehicle, and then back to the world map, the game will play the "A" music instead of continuing with the "B" music. Then if you land, the music will stop entirely. From there, you can reboard your vehicle and the "B" music will play, but if you land, the music stops entirely again. The same is true if you use your "$game_player.map_to_hq('Dragon')" command to board your vehicle. It's kinda hard to explain, I was just messing around on your demo to try and find out exactly what was going on. Let me know if you can find the problem.

2. Even if you have your Thru set to "false", your vehicle still goes right through things that are blocked by and X in the pass-ability portion of the tileset. Try making a forest in the middle of the ocean on your demo and see the ship go right through it. This is an issue for me, as my world map has several ports, and my ship just goes right over the other boats that are docked.

Along the same lines, you cannot trigger events that are set to "player touch" on your vehicle. For example, a certain area of the map is haunted and there are events set up around it to trigger the screen to tint to a darker shade when the player gets close. When my vehicle runs over the events, they do not trigger. However, interestingly enough, if I position the vehicle directly over them and press the action button, they will trigger. I know that on your demo you have an event that triggers on player touch with the "$game_player.vehicle_disembark" command, but if you try the same event while on the ship, it does not work. Not sure if this helps, but I'd thought I would let you know.

3. Regarding the "$game_player.vehicle_disembark" command, it will not work unless you are position on a tile that allows you do exit your vehicle. For example, if I was riding in my ship and I encountered another ship out on the seas, I would want to disembark the player, and then teleport them over to the other ship. However, I cannot do this, as the script will not allow the player to disembark while still on the water. Is there a way to just have you disembark anyway, regardless if it is "allowable" by the terrain in the script? If not, I think I may have a solution to get around it.

4. Last one. Have you got a chance to check out a "map loop" feature, as described in my previous post?

I know this is a lot of questions, and I totally understand if you are busy with other things. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Habs11
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced - by habs11 - 12-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced - by Jeea - 12-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced - by Jeea - 12-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced - by Ace - 02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced - by Ace - 02-01-2010, 11:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Enhanced Squad Movement DerVVulfman 5 5,362 02-24-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 2,037 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
   Text Scroll Script - Enhanced DerVVulfman 23 30,021 02-18-2021, 04:16 AM
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 12,111 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 224,936 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   DerVV's Simple Popup System DerVVulfman 4 10,969 10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
   Super Simple MCISendString DerVVulfman 0 4,386 03-09-2017, 04:52 AM
   Melly-Mel's Calendar System DerVVulfman 23 38,830 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM
   The Magey Mage's Spellbook System DerVVulfman 3 9,061 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Noctis
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 646,705 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage