Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Stories
(12-02-2017, 11:08 PM)kyonides Wrote: I've been trying to write interesting stories, but my lack of experience and my love for quite long and wordy sentences had become some sort of handicap there. I can't help it, I do love long sentences, even if they might confuse you after a while. This situationt led me to ask you the following stuff just because I can.

What's your favorite type of character?

depends on the book
What are your favorite genres? (Or should I say which? Sarcasm + Confused )
manga? action and animal
What would you think if the protagonist dies at any point before reaching two thirds of the whole story?

*mindblown*

What would you say if your favorite character dies too soon in your own opinion?

I'd cry and probable not read further
What do you think about conlangs? (Fake languages created by the authors for some specific purpose like describing a whole fake culture.)
interesting but overly awesome if its actually translatable and cohesive

What do you think about monsters and aliens?

if used properly theyre vital to a story even if just by definition
Should we include them in our stories?

depends on the story

Or should we lean more on human beings than monsters or aliens?

who says a human isent a monster at heart?
Do you like to meet unknown, mysterious characters that never reveal themselves (completely)?

as long as I can eventually find out about them then yes!
Do you prefer to read stories full of drama or packed with lots of action instead?

ACTION!
Do you prefer to take a look at stories that reflect reality as much as possible or not?

depends on the reflection for example One Piece actually reflects ALOT of real life topics while still being highly fantasy
that being said I'm sure chapter 887 is released by now so I'd better go read it
Should stories end with a happy ending, an ill fate or just leave you hanging?

bittersweet is good at times...to sappy kills things and I'll fate should only be used sparingly
Should a story include lots of heroes and NPC?

a few heros is fine NPC's are great! but multiple villains? NOW were talking!
Or should we rely on villains and defective heroes that end up being pretty much helpless instead?

this sounds GOOD! more books and literature should have defective villians
Do you think it is really necessary to describe characters in detail? (Including those like the shopkeeper you will only meet once)
no hell no...unless its certain senarios where the explination is needed

I think I still got tons of questions to ask you here, but for now I guess these should suffice to let you start this discussion any time soon.

hope that helps! ask more anytime!
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: 55e3faa432d9efb86b8f19a6f25c0126-dawz35x.png]

new logo for Yesteryear created by Lunarberry!
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Stories - by kyonides - 12-02-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Stories - by Siletrea - 12-03-2017, 12:07 AM
RE: Stories - by MetalRenard - 12-03-2017, 12:37 AM
RE: Stories - by DerVVulfman - 12-03-2017, 05:08 AM