Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 The Year of the Spammers
Dear Friends,

Likely you will see that a dozen of accounts were created within the past three days. Yes, these all clearly appear to be spam related. Upon joining, not a one had stayed online for longer than five seconds while some had no apparent trackable online time at all.

Also, these members are using verified eMail provider, or a new eMail provider that I had checked and verified that it is not a disposable service. However, the current services that determine if an eMail given is valid currently cannot verify this new provider now being used. I assume it is only a matter of time if the service will be able to determine the validity of these eMail addresses, whether proper or if designed for 'send-only' spam accounts.

These new accounts are indeed being checked daily. As of one-hour ago (of this post), one of the accounts that came in with a clean IP address had now begun improper online activities and was reported for actual hacking, attempting to breach security and hack their member-base. Not only is their registration IP being tracked, but any IP address they use thereafter. It is this second IP address that the fore-mentioned member used within this forum that he/she used for such illicit and immoral activities.

As towards the new security questions put to use, I can safely say that those that created accounts within the past three days had not been able to answer. This suggests that the way the questions were formed does indeed confuse and prohibit AI-based systems from entry. Rather proud, I may need to ponder others.

Again, security is always a top priority.

If you receive any unwanted or suspicious PMs (Private Messages) through this board, please notify administration.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
The Year of the Spammers - by DerVVulfman - 01-25-2024, 01:08 AM
RE: The Year of the Spammers - by DerVVulfman - 02-08-2024, 05:02 PM
RE: The Year of the Spammers - by DerVVulfman - 02-16-2024, 09:22 PM