Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Sabin has now made his debut in my FF6 remake cast!

[Image: FF6_zpso2rczcbb.gif]

More Sabin. I'm pleased with how the sprite turned out.

[Image: Sabin%20FF6_zpswsoeckra.gif]

A vest-less Locke next to Sabin just to show difference in physique of the two templates.

[Image: LockeAndSabin_zpslqsqxzf0.gif]

Some animated .gifs in the previous posts have been removed. I'm sure anybody with dial-up internet or viewing this via a limited cellular data plan will be thankful. In those regards, I'll be removing previous .gifs upon making future posts that feature the same characters in a line-up fashion.

I'm lacking a fat person template, so that's on my to-do list. Certainly it's not a high priority but maybe, just maybe, I'll make an overweight character next. Should it be Ward from Final Fantasy 8?

[Image: ward.jpg]

EDIT : Yup, I just created the fat template and made Ward from Final Fantasy 8. That didn't take long at all!

[Image: Ward_zpsodzqiehi.gif]

*Whew* I'm on a roll today! Things are only going to get harder from this point forward, I'll need all the motivation I can get.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Animated battler template started for Male (Normal).

[Image: LockeBattler1_zps1s1u5ljs.gif]

For testing purposes, Locke will be modeling for the Male (Normal) template. Current actions are...
  • Ready Attack
  • Ready Magic
  • Ready Summon
Certainly they're not the most extravagant poses / animations, but at least they're a start. I'm happy with them so far.

Watch this space, there might be more later tonight.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Now that I can record stuff again, I think it's about time I revved up my game's post with some functionality posts!
How will skills work?
What music am I using?
And most importantly... Dialogue between characters!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
(And I guess how battle works, too.  Tongue sticking out )

I may end up putting up some resource requests eventually once I start getting along in the making process... buuuuut for now, I have a video or two to make!  Grinning
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
A little work on my Menu System. Playing with (possibly interactive) tiles and getting the colors right. If only the battle system had similar progress.

[Image: ClRofqsUsAE59EW.jpg:large]
Reply }
I am currently purging Ragnarok animated battler assets from my game's folder.

The places I got the Ragnarok animated battlers claimed THEY had done the battlers, and that THEY were giving permission to use them in even commercial games.
Now, my game isn't a commercial game, but I don't want my game to become Destiny of Ragnarok.  Confused 

Also... YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE COPYRIGHTED ASSETS IN COMMERCIAL GAMES. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE CLAIMING THAT THEY MADE SOMETHING, BUT IT'S FROM A GAME, BE WARY.
Lost 25% of my animated battler folder due to these goofballs lying about permissions, and I'm gonna have to research all of my other battlers now, since these jerks ruined a LOT.
I also have to completely redo the scenario for my demonstration video because of this, since the short story revolved around a few battlers that turned out to be Ragnarok battlers!   Indifferent 

Just when I was getting close to recording, too.  Sarcasm 

Good thing I worked on sourcing a single battler that opened up Pandora's Box... I never played Ragnarok, but you don't have permission to use their battlers, from what I've seen. It's considered in many places as a "Banned resource" because of the issues using them would bring. (Copyright Hammer, mostly)
Reply }
I would advise you to do this, Lani:

Snag the URL of that forum's specific topic or post that has the *COUGH* original artwork that turns out to be ripped.

Get the url to the webpage where you saw the game's actual graphics (aka the evidence).

Contact that forum's administration, or a super-moderator for that forum's resource board and inform him of the plagiarism.

The staff should be informed, and having the proof would be helpful. They may not pull his graphics, but at the very least edit his post to notify viewers the graphics are ripped and not for any legal/commercial game. That, and the guy should get a bit of a smackdown.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Work work work work work .... WORK IN PROGRESS!

Yeah, the pic below is ugly, but it is a Quest system I am constructing that has some nice features.  From the Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion, you can sort between Active or Completed quests by a menu select.  But from the Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind, you can select from different quest categories such as the Main quest, or Fighters's Guild, Household chores, or whatever.

Again, it is ugly as I haven't formatted it.  But it works.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=606]

What you may NOT notice  at first glance is that the actual window displaying the quest data is scrolling.  Yep, those arrows pointing up and down are NOT a mistake.  I instituted a feature to quickly draw the text, and then resize the drawing area for scrolling purposes after the necessary space was calculated.

Also, as the text so describes... I have word wrap.  I don't need to make line breaks in my text nor am I limited to the number of lines to write.  Well, I 'can' put in line breaks.  Hehehe.... I can even add color to the text if I wanted.  That was fun to craft.

Of course, I have objectives that can be completed as the quest is performed.  And you may notice some can count!  Granted, this screen doesn't show any ghosts killed.  Meh, they need a break with everyone using ghosts for battlesystem tests.  No ghosts were harmed in the making of this script (yet)

What I eventually need to do is to MOGGIFY it.  That is, apply wonderful layered graphics the way Moghunter did to his menus.  I just like calling that step Moggification. 

OH, and if you were wondering, the bars that read 'Main Quest / Side Quest' and 'Active / Complete' can be deactivated if I so choose.  The windows do re-position and resize to fill in the empty space.

It's part of a requested set.

.png   prototype.png (Size: 129.39 KB / Downloads: 70)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Looks very promising, DerVVulfman.

A question though, what does "static version" mean?
Reply }
A static objective is one where the text is not different whether it is a completed objective or one that is in progress.  And while above has the 'BEFORE', below has some afters.......

[Image: attachment.php?aid=607]

As you can see, plenty of formatting going on here.

In general, the quest's title, the short one-line description, and the main body texts can have their own fonts, font sizes and colors. Hell, you can see that you can go from color-to-color in the main body text, have bold faced print and line breaks, even WHEN I am using a word-wrap system.

You can set the objectives to two colors, one for completed and one for in-progress. And you can set icons for a bit of extra punch. And while my first pic showed five objectives, this one shows that a hidden 'sixth' objective just happens to pop up now that it is complete. How's that for fun?

And yeah, that Q in a square is a lame quest faction logo. But you can show a custom icon before the quest title. The icon will be the icon for that particular quest category (or faction or guild or whatever you set), OR.... you can have one custom icon per quest.

Oh, the system does not have shadowed or outlined fonts on its own, but has switches so you can make the font appear shadowed or outlined if a suitable Font Style script is in play. In this case, I was showing off how it looks with my FONTZ script.

.png   Untitled.png (Size: 127.25 KB / Downloads: 72)

Reply }
That "hidden objective" bit is pretty awesome, yeah.
Reply }