Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Have you ever ran into an issue in your project so obvious that it makes you smack yourself in the forehead/do the best Homer Simpson impersonation you can muster, at the fact you didn't catch it sooner?

I had an epiphany a few days ago when I noticed that I didn't have any items that recovered HP/healed status ailments and debuffs/revived characters that affected all the party, despite using a large party script that allows like 9 members in battle.

How could I have overlooked this is truly beyond me.
Reply }
vx ace now ports to android/ios. can someone kerjigger xp to do the same? i dont want to
have to start all over
Reply }
We 'are' kinda working on it.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
who's "we" and what are you "working" on?
Reply }
Yup.

Meanwhile, my study into C++ language continues further with the understanding of a specialized sub-branch of its constructor system.

A constructor in C++ is basically the same as making the 'initialize' method in Ruby (or RGSS as the case may be). However, they allow you to set up multiple constructors for different conditions. And they have a specialized one called a copy-constructor. It sorta lets you create a new 'object' that can be a pale duplicate of an already existing one......

For scripters, it's like you make the $game_map object from the class Game_Map. Then you actually make a copy of the object with a 'copy constructor' in Game_Map, so you could end up with a second object called $copy_map. Weird.... dunno exactly what I would do with it.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I'm currently very confused about what is going on with something that I've been working on.
I made an animation and event- and a very simple one at that - that's supposed to give a boss a slightly diffrent death animation then normal monsters. Works like a charm too...exept for the game it was made for =b
It runs fine in any other project, all other animations work as intended, but this one for a reason that I simply can't see suddenly slows the game down to 2-3 FPS.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I bet one of your battle windows is trying to refresh every frame, most likely because the boss is dead and it is trying to display after battle stuff. So maybe a custom EXP window or something. Even the default Status Window is guilty of this, and that may be contributing to the lag problems.

Code:
# If not after battle phase
        if @phase != 5
          # Refresh status window
          @status_window.refresh
        end
See, that window refreshes any time Phase is not 5.
Reply }
*sighs*
My main project is cursed with loosing progress again and again and this one is cursed with all that can go wrong will go wrong. And more.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I am currently testing online gaming with Hartacon Tactics... authentication, lobby, rooms, all that stuff. I want to make it so that people will be able to see started matches as viewers. I believe it's a cool feature to make tournaments interesting and the community more engaged.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
The fear and anxiety over trying to compile/make/edit tiles and tilesets is getting too much for me, ughhhhhhhh. ;;

I ended up writing and sketching some concepts for one of the worlds' overworlds/city stuff, sort of under the pretence that it would be information to share with anyone I commission to do this stuff but
i dunno

I don't think I really know what I want I just want to be able to ... have... the tiles there so I can be inspired and map away rather than add tiles and map them in as I need them, for *everything*, because I don't know what I need. I mean okay I have some idea what I'd need for some places, but it's not stopping me worrying if I need more tiles in stuff.
Reply }