Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
So your thinking an Infinity+1 sword?
"40 hours it took to get a weapon that could kill the boss in 10 seconds or 40 hours trying to kill the boss without the weapon."
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
something that'd be similar to the rainbow shell gear in crono trigger/cross. you can't get it all in one playthrough, so you have to pick and choose what you want right away.
Reply }
I was reading through the RPG Maker XP help file and came across something interesting in the Tilemap class:

flash_data
Refers to the flash data (Table) used when showing range of possible movement in simulation games, etc. Defines a 2-dimensional array measuring [ horizontal size * vertical size ]. This array must be the same size as the map data. Each element uses 4 bits to represent a tile's flash color in RGB; for example, 0xf84 flashes in RGB(15,8,4).

It is interesting because it is not used anywhere in the default RPG Maker XP scripts.
Reply }
Since the Tilemap class is a hidden class, there's the possibility that the flash_data value may be used by another hidden class. For example, the Viewport hidden class may call flash data for some viewport screen effect.

Meanwhile, I (sigh) removed ccoa's UMS from my project and replaced it... with my own. Hey, so I wrote it for ReGaL. I did write it. Winking Kainers thought it was really cool and the only thing I think it doesn't have that ccoas's has is her animated faces. Still, I got facesets in it as well as being able to use a paperdoll system for the faces... like Visual Equipment for the player's pics.

Also worked out the keyboard and input system so I could use keys and a gamepad to control various actions such as running, jumping, slowly sneaking, climbing walls.... FUN stuff!!!
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Man, why is it so difficult to find a good Multi-Hit/damage script available for XP? I've tried all the ones I've found: Mea's, SephirothSpawn's, even a stand alone version of Blizzard's script included in tons of addons. None of them have worked.

Perhaps I should bit the bullet and ask for a new script, even if I'm well aware that "reinventing the wheel" is frowned upon the RM community.
Reply }
It may be a conflict with another script within your project. Some don't play well with others. You may wish to revisit your request thread to deliver more information and/or supply a working (but stripped down * ) demo of your project.

* Stripped down so you don't release any spoilers of your game. Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
That may be. Incompatibily is the reason why I cannot use scripts like Ton of Addons and SDK without running into a lot of errors.

*sighs* You know, sometimes I can't help but pin for the simple days of RPG 2000 where we didn't have to deal with scripts, NoMethodErrors and incompatibility issues.
Reply }
i feel like a scientist and an artist right now, a scientartist (go ahead, say it aloud), i discovered the most efficient method of drawing houses and walls after months of experimenting with different ways.
Reply }
I feel like a scientardist. After years of research I haven't learnt a thing. X_X
*leaves quietly*

On the game front I've been a little active lately actually. I'm participating in a pretty big project to make covers of famous game soundtracks. More info later, but don't expect a release before Spring 2014.
Reply }
Just when I thought I was done scripting....

With all the scripts in my project that rely on terrain tags for in-game features (vehicle passable terrains, Mode7 vertical tiles, poisoned land states, etc), I was running out of tags. Sheesh... only allowing a range of 0-7 ? I needed more. So I spent a couple hours making a script which I just posted today.

Reply }