Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I figured out why I hate scripting: sometimes I get really involved and write a complex script that has lots of little details, and sometimes some of those details are wrong. Its worse when those wrong details are fresh in your mind and you're not allowed to sleep until you fix 'em!

I've been continually working with Animated Battlers + Trickster's Active Timer CBS, I've created some new custom system sounds (cursor, decision, cancel, battle start, etc) and made sure their volumes VS my custom battle tracks don't clash and drown one another out. I've made some edits to a swordsman template I drew up long ago so it animates better in the CBS, but its still unshaded and needs some attention. I just realized I do need a 'clothing' system to display different weapons, so I'll probably be importing visual equipment tomorrow.

...I really need to get on myself about creating more weapon-based animated battler templates!

Anyways, I also began writing this script which not only corrects the element ratings formulas but allows for customization on various things element-related. There is still a bug or two in the system and it isn't finished, but in the end you can set custom element damage reduction (or increases) when wearing certain 'armor'. I plan to do similar things for skills, weapons, etc. Some customization in this system will ignore the database and its A, B, C, D, E, F / check-box settings in favor for a dynamic percentage-based system, but if an object isn't customized it goes off default.

Alright, I'm going to fix what I need to fix and I'm going to bed, c'ya!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I've spent a long time re-working that script I started last night, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the information (hey, I haven't done this very much lately lol). When things are finished, weapons, armors, states, skills, etc will have dynamic percentage-based elemental settings! Examples; a sword with 25% fire and 50% ice, a Cotton Robe that protects against wind but increases damage from fire, a state that allows you to absorb Lightning, a state that... you get the idea.

Oh yeah, I also made slight updates to Lindsey, my avatar character! I wish I could've got more done today but I'm out of time, be back tomorrow!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
fixing my project's testbed :s

Reply }
I just want to say something about your avatar character...

*picks jaw off the floor*

awesome work, very meticulous detail...
Reply }
i figured out it was mgc's map zoom whcih was making an error with something else.
but i like the script... >.<

Reply }
MGC was asked a question about Ccoa's UMS and a conflict between them. He answered it, but... he was wrong. The bug between the two was that both were using the same 'CONSTANT' rather than sharing a screen_y value like he thought. A minor patch I wrote is coming up that solves it... and if he wants, he can just do what I did for later version.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
The Good: I just found a solution my game's menu-bug! Now, healing can be displayed on the menu! 8D
The Bad: ... Doing so requires me to remove the "Conditional Skills" script that my skill-change system is more or less built on. :\

There is only one thing for it. I'm afraid we need to use.......... <dramatic pause> eventing. (Duuuuunnn!!!)
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
Well, a widdle little bit of HMode7 news for mah ABS. The routines I use to draw the companions works for the missiles. I did it last night before I turned off my PC. I just used 'one' call and it drew the normally generated Near Fantastica shooting missile, and a matching HMode7 missile of the same graphic.

One traveled straight but not in the 3D perspective (ie it didn't scale into the horizon) while the other followed the contours of the map and faded away.

Both moved virtually in tandem of course. But the HMode7 one didn't vanish. Kinda makes sense as I didn't make a routine that erases it after it hits the edge of a map or exceeds a traveling distance.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in my making of an Evil Laugh SFX Pack...
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
I have an epic evil laugh and I know quite a bit about sound design. I see a collab happening... PM me if you're interested.
Reply }