Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Kain... Dem skills... :O

I wrote 1300 new words for my story, today and yesterday. I.e. I rewrote some parts and added others. I'm really pleased with it so far and I'm nearly at the point where I can continue the story (Chapter six of eight). Chapter nine onwards is only a brief sketch so far so that will be the real challenge when I get to it. :3
Thanks for getting me back into this DerVV!
Reply }
finally have the rest of my game down on paper. it's not incredibly detailed like my older outlines, i just end up changing them a ton anyhow. it should probably take about four months of 'work' to finish if i do two demo cycles of two months, and get the tilesets drawn during the monthlong breaks i take in between. really excited now to get to work on this again. the end is finally in sight.
Reply }
What the butt XP. Itty bitty room on a big map (soon to have more rooms), no lag, looks nice... oh right, got to give the wall/ceiling autotile some priority for it work like RM2k3.

Bam, absurd lag. What the butt. >:( I don't wanna resort to an anti-lag...

Hmm, maybe I can get around it by using an alternate non-priority tile in general, then the ceiling one where the player can reach. ... yep, that worked nicely.
Reply }
Came so close to finish the demo and compiling everything to show off my game today. Yay!

Get a glitch at the last minute that causes an infinite loop. FFFFFFFFFFFF....!!!!!!!

So, yeah. My plan to triumphantly return to the forums with a demo was thwarted. : ( Still, at least it's done.
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
Happy Independence Day!

I stayed up all night messing with tunes and working on my world map! Things are somewhat coming together, enough so to make some decent looking locations with, but I have much more planned with this set.

Content Hidden

What I'm picturing next is big cities that sprawl out like any other terrain with intersecting roads and key locations that stand out from the rest. Also, going to add more variety to the ground tiles, mountains, forests, etc, but that's an obvious given.

This map is only temporary, and the tile set will be outdated by tomorrow as I'll be moving everything around. When it all comes together in the end, I'll probably start an underwater version of the world map that lines up with the surface, such as the diagram below.

[Image: Naval1.png]

Anyways, have a great day everybody! :D
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I don't mean to criticise my American friends but you've made a pretty naff effort these last few Independence Days. I mean, come on... Where's Will Smith been for the last ten years?

... ;D

Reply }
Will Smith is filming Independence Day 2 & 3..... As of this year according to the media.

Right now I'm drawing battlebacks for my primary project.
Reply }
THAT'S HUUUUUGE! how are we to explore that much ocean once you release something playable?

i've discovered that i work a lot better with deadlines. not far off in the future deadlines, more like "i'm gonna work for two episodes of adventure time, and then go eat so i better hurry up and get done" type deadlines.
Reply }
(07-04-2012, 07:00 PM)Hybrida Wrote: Will Smith is filming Independence Day 2 & 3..... As of this year according to the media.
Much HHHHHGNNNNNNNNing was had.

Reply }
I think I spent the last three days procrastinating (and so it took me those three days) to get sprites done for opening and interacting with doors. Think I need to make the rest of the heroine's house now.

Making resources as I need them makes the small things seem to take so long, but hopefully it'll reach a point where I start reusing animation sequences or the like.
Reply }