Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[XP/VX] Equipment Skill System
Hello there, time for me to share an event system and it is a pretty easy one after all.

Equipment Skill System

What do I need? 
  • At least 1 Hero
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Common Event
  • Equipment
  • SKills
What do I have to do?
  • 1st - You have to create Equipments, lets say a Flame Sword as exsample!
  • 2nd - You have to make a Common Event, lets call it "Skills
  • 3rd - You need a Skill to learn, like Flame Slash or something.
  • 4th - You have to make a Conditional Branch into your Common Event "Skills"
  • 5th - You need a Control Switch "Skills"
  • Conditional Branch: Switch [XXXX:Skills]==ON
  • Conditional Branch: [Hero] is [Flame sword] equipped
  • Change Skills: [Hero], + [Flame Slash] 
  • Else
  • Change Skills: [Hero], - [Flame Slash]
  • Branch End
  • Branch End
  • 6th - Make an Event at the beginning of your Game, which activate Switch "Skills".
  • Your Common Event should be at parallel process with switch "Skill" as condition.
Result:
Your Hero will learn the Skill from equipping an Item, there is an issue which delay the appearance of the Skill after reopening
the Menu or taking a step. The More items with skills you want to use, the more you have to write into your Common Event.
Reply }
I tested it and works as intended. Like you mentioned it, I noticed the changes aren't displayed until you exit and reenter the main menu.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 01:39 AM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: I tested it and works as intended. Like you mentioned it, I noticed the changes aren't displayed until you exit and reenter the main menu.

Yes exactly, that's the only issue i encountered so far. I havn't figured out yet how to improve it without scripting.
Reply }
Ah. I think I know why. Common Events run from the map. So the change won't occur until you enter the map which runs the common event process.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(04-16-2019, 04:56 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Ah.  I think I know why.  Common Events run from the map.  So the change won't occur until you enter the map which runs the common event process.

If i use a switch as trigger for the common event, would that solve it?
Reply }
Nope. The common event must still run within the map to perform its job.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(04-16-2019, 05:11 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Nope.  The common event must still run within the map to perform its job.

I found another issue and fixed it. I used a switch as second condition, so if the switch is on the Common event will work now on every Map, as long as the switch is ON.
Before it only worked on the same Map where the Call Common Event Event was set. The delay with appearance of Skills is not a big problem i guess.
Reply }
Thinking about it, I could modify this event system to grant permanent status buffs once a character learns a skill. Yeah, still mulling about that.

It would work the same only there wouldn't be a need of an "else" conditional branch since the buff would be there to stay.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 08:42 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: Thinking about it, I could modify this event system to grant permanent status buffs once a character learns a skill. Yeah, still mulling about that.

It would work the same only there wouldn't be a need of an "else" conditional branch since the buff would be there to stay.

It could work as a passive skill system, yes. Also, you could use this system as a buffer for one or more skills, having status buffs only when the equipment is on.

Based in the given example, Flame Sword could power-up the hero's magical defense by adding the skill/status Heat Endurance (or the like). The same skill/status could be lost when the hero unequips the sword.

For avoiding the specific status' removal by other means (such as the Recover All command), I'd suggest [amoff]DVV's Unalterable States[/amoff]. That would, however, require the use of his two script calls instead (1 to add, 1 to remove).

Unless you want to make it really permanent, of course. =P
Reply }
(04-17-2019, 08:08 PM)Vickarius Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 08:42 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: Thinking about it, I could modify this event system to grant permanent status buffs once a character learns a skill. Yeah, still mulling about that.

It could work as a passive skill system, yes. Also, you could use this system as a buffer for one or more skills, having status buffs only when the equipment is on.

In the given example, Flame Sword can power-up the hero's magical defense by adding the skill/status Heat Endurance (or the like). The same skill/status is lost when the hero unequips the sword. For avoiding the specific status' removal by other means (such as the Recover All command), I'd suggest DVV's Unalterable States.

Unless you want to make it really permanent, of course.

The Idea of this system came up from the SNES game Lufia 2 - Rise of the sinistrals.  I havn't  thought further than that.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAY/NIGHT SYSTEM DerVVulfman 0 1,804 08-17-2021, 03:15 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  The Guild - Evented Character Select System Mike_Everley 0 1,726 06-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
  Skill/Spell Book System for XP Mike_Everley 0 1,937 03-30-2021, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
Photo [XP] Real Time Day/Night Cycle System (in review for v.3.0) Pelip 2 4,575 06-15-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Pelip
  [RMXP]Simple Event Vehicle System coffinbag 0 2,872 09-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: coffinbag
  "Ultimate Attack" aka "Music Fadeout Skill" [XP] yamina-chan 11 18,200 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
  Licence System - Upgrade your Character [XP] yamina-chan 2 7,595 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
  [RPGMakerVX] Eventing a Cheat System or Cheat Tool. Kail 6 13,155 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Kail
  Animated Character Avatar messaging system RosyPosy 4 10,696 01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Last Post: RosyPosy
  [VX] Event-Based Time System Guardian 2 6,503 11-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Guardian