Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Win7 64bit and RPGMaker
Does Windows7 64-bit like your RPGMaker game?

There are a few RPGMaker games I've seen in a few forums that have been labeled with such notes as:
Quote:Operating Systems:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Wndows 7 32-bit
(Not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit)

And then there's a notice that Enterbrain posted about RPGMaker XP stating it was not compatible with the 64bit operating system of Windows 7. Seriously? It's true that while I have not installed RPGMaker XP onto a recently purchased Win7 64bit laptop, I have tested some stuff I have written and found RPGMaker games will work just fine.

Has anyone found a script or issue with RPGMaker (either XP or VX) with Windows 7? And if you tried something you thought might not work, but found it did... can you share it with us? Please let us know what game system as well as which platform of Windows7 (32 and 64 bit). If it works with 64 bit, it should work with the 32bit version though.

Win32API
I tested both my MOUSIE script and Cogwheel's MP3 Loop Performance script with the 64-bit version of Windows7. Both systems use the Win32API. I didn't test all the music formats, but the music looping system itself works fine, as did the mouse script.

Anyone else have something to share, either positive or negative?

Audio Formats
(04-19-2011, 09:08 AM)Zarox Wrote: I use Win7 64 Bit with my Laptop and RPG Maker XP. The only issue I have are the loading times with different Sound formats like midi and ogg. The first time a song is playing there is a loading time about 10 seconds (for example Battle BGM, before the battle there is a 10 second remaining blackscreen. The second time the battle starts, the loading time of this song is gone.) But this problem really sucks.[/code]
[quote='Kristovski' pid='21395' dateline='1303261656']
Windows 7 64bit doesn't have the "dinosaur" sound drives for midis and has to emulate them. Once they are emulated, it keeps it in a cache (or something similar, I don't have 64bit but have heard about the problem) and replays them from there. Its an issue people have had since it came out.

So a note... .Midi and .Ogg may be a no-go for Win7-64 bit

Selwyn's resolution.dll and MGC's MGC_Hmode7.dll

(04-27-2011, 11:06 PM)Draycos Goldaryn Wrote: I use Selwyn's resolution dll as well as a few other ruby rewrites of hidden classes... Also, I had no problems at all with h-mode7.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I use Win7 64 Bit with my Laptop and RPG Maker XP. The only issue I have are the loading times with different Sound formats like midi and ogg. The first time a song is playing there is a loading time about 10 seconds (for example Battle BGM, before the battle there is a 10 second remaining blackscreen. The second time the battle starts, the loading time of this song is gone.) But this problem really sucks. Maybe I should install a codec pack?
[Image: 76561198077561206.png]
Reply }
I've heard about this issue, I believe, on another forum where the person had serious lag issues with a very simple project. It seems strange but no one could come up with a solution.
(Maybe... Its... Cursed... *shivers*)
Reply }
Windows 7 64bit doesn't have the "dinosaur" sound drives for midis and has to emulate them. Once they are emulated, it keeps it in a cache (or something similar, I don't have 64bit but have heard about the problem) and replays them from there. Its an issue people have had since it came out.
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
I havent really noticed any difference with using rmxp on 64+32 bit, but maybe its just me. Confused

I just let the "allow program to run as admin" do the magic mostly. Happy with a sweat
Reply }
Okay. I'll put a note on the 1st page that .Midi and .Ogg are on the 'wary' list.

I wouldn't install any codex drivers though. Your would-be players wouldn't know to download any drivers. I think focusing on what works and doesn't without custom systems is a good idea. Of course, we could check on other things like Selwyn's resolution dll, MGC's HMode in Win7... and so on. Anyone tried those?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
I installed XP mode onto my Win7 x64 box, and run RMXP from inside that. It works great.
Reply }
What's that? have I to install something? And how does it work? Maybe it works for my prob as well^^
[Image: 76561198077561206.png]
Reply }
No, you wouldn't need to install anything to run an RMXP game. Just that (as of right now) it appears that Windows7 64 bit doesn't like .midi or .ogg files. It would be best to find out what works without an emulator.

Reply }
No problem here. Load times for sounds are no worse than 32-bit for me. It could be certain files specifically (this would be especially true for midis), but its never been consistent enough for me to work out what the issue is.

I don't think I've ever had to wait 10 seconds though, at the most, 4.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RPGMAKER XP ONLY $2.50 on STEAM! DerVVulfman 1 1,298 06-24-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   RPGMAKER 2003, XP and VX GONE CHEAP!!!!! DerVVulfman 2 2,705 07-05-2021, 04:23 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   RPGMAKER DEJICA SUPPORT EXPIRING IN APRIL '19 DerVVulfman 3 8,051 04-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Kirito
   Enterbrain announces a new RPGMaker DerVVulfman 7 11,114 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Wyatt