Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Black Moon (Prophecy)
[Image: 10shroo.jpg]

About the Game:

Long before the day the Sky Kingdom known as Alzar (Name subject to change as I had no idea there was a planet in Star Wars called Alzar xD) began war upon the Lower Land known as Almar, there once lived a powerful prophecy of an incredible powerful mage known as the Muse, born with powers said were made to destroy Worlds in the flames of the Black Moon, but the appearance of the Muse hasnn't been seen in over three hundred years, leaving the world ignorant of the true Prophecy and the Legends told of it, and only now does the world learn of the powers of the Muse and the Black Moon that surrounds their planet.

Hearing of the Prophecy before the war, King Nicole and the Ambassador gathered information regarding the Muse and the Prophecy, but while their sergeants gathered information about the Prophecy in Almare's greatest city, they and the fleet's generals are mysteriously assassinated.

With the new bloodshed between them, King Nicole called for war against them for purposely keeping the Muse and her power hidden and for the assassination of the nobles of Alzar.

Now, fifteen years after the start point of the war and the massive search for the Muse, the Lower World's cities began to crumble to poverty and the rulership of the Ambassador of Alaz, Lord Daneus.

To aid the King and the search of the Muse, a young man and his friends are sent down to collect the person known as the Muse. But a horrible future and truth awaits the heros.

(More detailed version later)

[Image: 20zaflv.jpg]

Characters

[Image: 1zgs4jo.jpg]

Screenshots

[Image: 4lkqqb.jpg]

Information will be added when I get the right names ;D
  1. SBS Tanketai Script XP
  2. Ccoa's UMS.

[Image: 2dvjqyf.jpg]

To Ccoa for the UMS.
To Atoa for the battle script (Tanketai)
To RPG-Palace for the windowskin I took and edited to be the color it is now.
To ineedfire @ DeviantArt for the titlescreen stock.
To all my friends who have helped me get better!
To Corey Powell, aka Ice Dragon, for music!
MagitekElite (me) for the sprites of the girl, Tyn, Zeya and Daneus.
(More as the project goes on)

[Image: 2psgjzp.jpg]

Characters/Sprites/Faces: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [71%]
Resources: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [55%]
Scripts: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [89%]
Mapping: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [22%]
Story: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [100%]
Eventing/Scripting -- already learned: | | | | | || | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [11%]

[Image: 24xpbv9.jpg]

1: MagitekElite (Leader & Game creator)

========================

If you would like to support Black Moon (Prophecy), then you can use one of the two under the spoiler tag!

Support bars

(Black Moon (Prophecy) and its story and characters are [Image: 2s8o83p.jpg] of Karina H.C)
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Artist, Author, Gamer, Music Maker (learning!) and Christian :)
Reply }
Hey, I like your story! Nice personalised graphics too.
It's a shame that you're using the RTP since I don't think they have enough personality to fit your world. Have you tried searching for other tilesets?

Just one thing I don't like in your mapping is in the forest. You're using the "blanket" kind of tile to show forest cover and I've always found it too artificial. It's your choice of course, this is just my opinion. I prefer to just fill the screen with trees upon trees upon trees. Make use of the 3 layers! =)
Reply }
I have to agree with Fox. The auto forest just looks lazy. Your mapping and windowskin look awesome, but if you're not cutting corners elsewhere, don't do it in one area. Also, I suggest showing how much cash you have in shop and inn scenes.

Other than that, I really can't wait to see the demo. I look forward to this one.
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
Looks good and I agree with the rest. Another error is in your mountain screen shot. All of the plants on the top are cut off by the mountain edges.
Reply }
"All of the plants on the top are cut off by the mountain edges."
I don't think so, I think they're sticking out the front (because of their angle). Rocky crevices are often ideal for plants to grow out from, even on rock faces.
I think you need to change the panorama though, the perspective seems dodgy :p
Reply }
The trees looks like a priority issue. simple fix using events for the bottom of the plants and setting to top
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
(12-15-2010, 11:22 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: "All of the plants on the top are cut off by the mountain edges."
I don't think so, I think they're sticking out the front (because of their angle). Rocky crevices are often ideal for plants to grow out from, even on rock faces.

I understand that. If that is what he/she was going for, then I guess it looks good for what it is.
But I think that the taller shrub things don't look that good hanging off the edge like that. The smaller one next to the tall one (on the left side) looks good though

Reply }
@MetalRenard 1: Thank you! Its a story I've been working on for a while (2005 :x). It was actually based off of a novel I have been working on. (changed it here and there to fit a game story xD)

I've looked for other tilesets, but whatever I find doesn't match the sprites or has what my story needs. Although I haven't been successful in tileset searching lately.

@About the forest map:
Ah, I shall change it. I was following a few tutorials and testing different things out. I didn't want to many trees because some strange reason, my shadows appear ten times darker than they are supposed to and I can't seem to fix that. But I will edit the map :)

@Yin:
The plants, if you mean the ones on the top left, are suppose to look like they are growing on the 'face' of the mountain. All the cliffs here have trees and flowers growing like that on them, so I thought it would look a lot more 'realistic'. :P

@MetalRenard 2: What panorama image do you think I should use? I tried making it look like the sun is setting, but I didn't know how to pull that off exactly.

@Kristovski:
Do you mean the whole tree or the shadows? :)

@Yin 2:
Yes, it was what I was going for. There are cliffs like that all about the lake I live next to, so I sorta took what I see in real life and tried to apply it to my maps :P

Thank you all for commenting/posting! I will take everything said and fix my maps! Blushing + Cheery
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }
"I've looked for other tilesets, but whatever I find doesn't match the sprites or has what my story needs. Although I haven't been successful in tileset searching lately."
It's a French site but they have a lot of resources:
http://www.rpg-maker.fr/tilesets.html?On...945e5e9211
Use google to translate for you.

"I didn't want to many trees because some strange reason, my shadows appear ten times darker than they are supposed to and I can't seem to fix that."
You need to re-import the tile set. Left click on the White area then right click on the shadows. This will make them transparent ;)
Reply }
I will look over those tilsets now! :33

Oh, that's why there are two boxes of color :o I didn't know you had to do that, thanks, MetalRenard!

Here is a forest update. I re-imported the resources I had and it worked! Yay!
Content Hidden
Thanks again, MetalRenard!

EDIT:
Hm, I can't tell what matches and what doesn't xD
http://www.rpg-maker.fr/ressources/tiles..._yue02.png
http://www.rpg-maker.fr/ressources/tiles...edpart.png
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }