Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 Tina of the Stars
[Image: tinaofthestars_text_promotional.png]

Updates (Feb. 21, 10):

Demo version 2.2 is up and running in the downloads. Here are the changes:

1) Made the "Bonehead" enemy move more spaces, as to make him easier to avoid
2) Fixed some movement bugs with some enemies. RMXP does this weird thing where if you have a scrolling map, any event with a singular, predefined movement would be placed on space off of where you placed the event in the editor.
4) Level 4 has been changed a little
5) 2 level transition maps have been added. Watch Tina as she moves between each level!

Check out some new screen shots, as well!
That's all for now.
~Ratty524

STORY

CAST

MONSTERS

HOW TO PLAY

[Image: tinaofthestars_promotextScreens.png]
Level 1, can you feel the sunshine?
The first bonus level
Level 4, Wheelin is dealin' on Tina's life!
Tina doing some monster clean-up in level 4
The second bonus level
Level 5
Darn those Perforato
Tina Lands on Planet Pix
Poor Tina :P

VIDEOS

FEATURES

DOWNLOAD

CREDITS

Promotional Material
[Image: tinaofthestars_userbar.png]
Code:
[url=http://rmvxp.co.cc/thread-108-post-742.html#pid742][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/ratty165/tinaofthestars_userbar.png[/img][/url]
Reply }
Demo is up! Check the first post.
Reply }
Complete repost from RRR. :P
Ratty on RRR Wrote:Instead of repeating the same mini game where you smash as many monsters as possible, I decided to do something different for the bonus level that comes after level 4.

[Image: tina_screen10.png]
A puzzle idea that was implemented in games such as Kirby and Bomberman. The object of this game is to break the blocks so that the blocks remaining would form a given shape, which is a star in this case.

[Image: tina_screen11.png]
If you try to break a block that is necessary to make the shape, the mini game ends and you get nothing. I'm considering an alternative result so that the punishment won't be as harsh, however.

If you do break the correct blocks, you will receive a wallop of points and an extra life.

At the moment I'm STILL working on the hand-drawn intro and considering on making the shapes of this mini game random as oppose to just a star.

Also, it seems I didn't put the video up on this board. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaIEz7xfZs
Reply }
I'm surprised. :) I knew that it wasn't just another LOLZ GURLS game given the detail you put into this, but an arcade-style platform/puzzle game? Sweet.
Reply }
I've been making serious projects before making joke games, but I guess my jokes were a lot more well known then my attempts at making serious games. :P

Being tired of working on "full" games, I decided to keep working on this game, which was originally for a short games contest.
Reply }
Yep, Ratty's actually taking this game seriously, he started it for RPGM's mini game contest and didn't submit it because he wanted to finish it properly.

I'm still looking forward to it ^_^
Reply }
That looks interesting Ratty! I love the artwork... Is that the Breeze sprites? First game I've seen them look great in
Reply }
Sporky Wrote: That looks interesting Ratty! I love the artwork... Is that the Breeze sprites? First game I've seen them look great in
The tileset (except for one set that I'm making) are breeze tilesets. The charactersets were made by me, however, using the same types of color palettes that were part of the Breeze characters/tilesets. That was done so that they would match.
Reply }
Quote:New Title text design
At first I was against using the text tool, but it was cleaner to do so. After some research I was able to find a font I like, so now feast your eyes on this comparison!
[Image: tina_titlescreen.png]
Old...
[Image: tina_titlescreen2.png]
NEW!

The title text isn't all I've changed. The lives/timer display has changed as well!
Lotsa Screens
The cleanliness, the beauty! You cannot resist such a sight?

In addition, a new bonus game after level 4.
[Image: tina_screen16.png]
After the fourth level, you be transported to a random map. Each map requires a different shape to be made. There are a total of 4 possible maps for now.

All screenshots will be added to the first post. Stay tuned for more updates!
Reply }
Looks fine to me. New minigames too? Nice.
Reply }