Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Final Fantasy: Awakening
[Image: banner.png]

They say that the there was a time when there was no such thing as fiends roaming this world,

That they were the result of a war between two celestial forces, struggling for control of Terra,

In the end a truce was met for the destruction of the planet benefitted neither side,

It was decided that mortals could shape there own destiny, that the powers of the great beyond could not intervene,

The truce held sway, but the darkness stirred in the void and from its malice came the fiends that plauge us to this very day,

In retaliation to the enrouching black the force's of light granted us some of Terra's power to protect it, we call this power Materia,

This is the story my father told me when I was a little boy,

He told me it to keep me safe from the truth.

Dark times have befallen the world of Terra. A government of religious zealots called simply "The Order" have overtaken the world and everything in it is subject to there will, those who oppose are destroyed quickly and silently by there Inquisitors and the feared Templar's. The Order speaks of the second coming of a long dead god and ban the usage of Materia to all those but the "purest" members of there ranks. As the Order grows in power the lifeblood of the people is lost and hope begins to die.

Although The Order rules supreme there are those with the courage to stand up to them. A dissipate and highly secretive group of rebels called Salverus fight a dire battle against what seems an insurmountable foe. Now a young man sent on what seems a trivial mission may uncover the secret to destroying the order and uncovering his own mysterious past.

This is a Final Fantasy story and in it are present many of the themes of the series. Yes there are Chocobo's, Black Mages, Summons, and a pilot called Cid but more so than that I'm trying to infuse my project with the deep sense of characterisation and the unique narrative style that we all know and love. I will be happy if I even come close to that.

[Image: Characters-1.png]
Noa
Saya
Kale
Clive

This is by no means a comprehensive list and will be updated with new characters as development continues.

[Image: Features-1.png]

Lead Programmer
GubiD

Materia System
SephirophSpawn

Animated Battlers
Minkoff/DerVVulfman

Battle System
Paradog

Universal Message System
Ccoa

Lead Spriter
Dark Sora

Creative Design
OmniChris

I would like to extend a special thanks to Calibre for helping me out with the logo, as well as Zeriab and Raz for there help with my scripting woes. As well as Sat for giving me the BG for the profiles and just for his all round encouragment and help.
[Image: Screenshots1.png]

Note that most of these screenshots are outdated and I will update them when I get time.

Battle
Evil Forest
Menu
Train
"Valins Room"
"Limit"

[Image: DemoButton.png]

Help, suggestions, praise, scolds and suicide notes are all welcome.
Currently Recruiting!

Scripter - GubiD, Harrybo21
Spriter - Darksora
Mapper - Vacant
Reply }
Clive Rocks!!!
I love the artwork!!!

Question, how the hell did you get GubiD on your team!?
Reply }
I bribed him with sexy time ;)

Nah GubiD has been on board with the project for quite some time now. I approached him, he was interested and it just kind of went from there. To date he has created from scratch or heavily edited almost every script in the game.
Reply }
The train screenshot totally reminds me of FFVIII. Was that the idea? Either way, it does. And I actually hated that part of the game...switches..or buttons..whatever it was!

The art looks good, and I like the story you've got up. :)
There is one spelling mistake on Noa's information though. I think it should be quiet instead of quite...just had to point it out because it bugged me as soon as I saw it. lol
[Image: vy5afs.jpg]
Reply }
I just played it and it's actually pretty good. But very short. I was disappointed when it ended. Music fit the scenes and was familiar. Battles were too easy though. I saw some minor mistakes, nothing game shattering though. You took every good feature from the final fantasies and put them together in one. I liked it.
Reply }
Hmm... this approach people idea... sounds pretty good... just might work...
Reply }
Miss Lalaba Wrote:The train screenshot totally reminds me of FFVIII. Was that the idea? Either way, it does. And I actually hated that part of the game...switches..or buttons..whatever it was!

The art looks good, and I like the story you've got up. :)
There is one spelling mistake on Noa's information though. I think it should be quiet instead of quite...just had to point it out because it bugged me as soon as I saw it. lol

Yeah that is kind of what I was going for. I just noticed that mistake in Noas bio and will change it when I update them in the next few weeks with new info.

Quote:Posted by Yin - Yesterday 11:12 PM
I just played it and it's actually pretty good. But very short. I was disappointed when it ended. Music fit the scenes and was familiar. Battles were too easy though. I saw some minor mistakes, nothing game shattering though. You took every good feature from the final fantasies and put them together in one. I liked it.

Glad you liked it. I am working on a v0.2 release of the demo that will no doubt address most of those minor things that you are on about. The music will change a bit and make it slightly less familiar but still befitting the scene.

Taking the good features from the FF games and amalgamating them into one game was my aim. The game is sort of a homage to the elements in Final Fantasy that we all like.

Did you defeat the optional boss? I know the demo is short but that adds a little extra playtime.

Here are also some screens of the new font and windowskin I am using:

[Image: Battle_New2.jpg]

[Image: NewSkin.jpg]
Reply }
Just played the demo, it's pretty good actually! There was only one thing I really noticed, a spelling error when you get a Phoenix Down from a chest...but otherwise everything seemed fine to me. The optional boss was a bit tough, but worth it once you got him down at least.

I love the new font you've got, it looks more professional to me. :) Same with the windowskin, looks better than the previous one in my opinion.

One other thing I noticed was that it was constantly lagging for me...but I'm guessing this was just my computer since Yin didn't mention anything about any lagging (my computer sucks, honestly. So it was probably my computer!).
Reply }
The new font rocks. I'm a fan of solid window skins, but that's just my opinion. No lag over here. Optional boss was nice. The spelling error that got me was messures. And the enemies didn't look like they were lined up right, but that COULD just be how you wanted it, but they shake a lot. Other than that, nothing really that noticeable. Credits showed a million times, sometimes I'd even see the same thing. What I really liked was the active time events. I'd like to see more.
Reply }
The spelling errors have been fixed for the 0.2 demo release and I think the lag may be due to your system Miss Lalaba. I have played it on low spec PCs and it does not run as well. This is probably because of the amount of custom scripts in the game and such giving the processor a pounding. Try pressing F1 ingame and enable to options there, that may help.

Glad you guys like the new font, I will post more updates as they come.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Unlimited Fantasy Fenriswolf 0 2,583 01-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Fenriswolf
   Final Fantasy 7 2D hanetzer 8 13,827 11-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Aqua'os: Tears of the Ocean (Sci-Fi Fantasy RPG) SakuraPhoenix 1 9,513 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: xnadvance
   Final Fantasy Essence Celes 4 10,197 03-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Alpha-Mad
   New upcoming project: Final Distance neonjosa123 3 7,825 05-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Dream Fantasy Yerry Great 22 23,371 03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Yerry Great
   Soulink:Phantom Fantasy(Recruiting) Dark Santum 7 10,565 12-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PK8
   [Early] Final Fantasy:Untitled Project Myownfriend 0 4,941 12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Myownfriend
   Final Fantasy Mystic Quest XP-make Jimmyly 0 4,440 12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Jimmyly