Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP
Hi there :)
Theres a little Menu Script made by Nicke and called "XS - Menu Delux" for the RPGVX ACE. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?...enu-delux/
Probem is: My project is made on RPG XP. So I really need someone to make these 2 scripts into RPG XP. I know, that it is possible because the code itself is not very large but I'm still not skilled in scripting enough to manage this... My Plan is to combine this standart script with the Moghunter scripts :)))

The 2 codes which make the Script:
http://niclas-thornqvist.se/rpg/scripts/...-delux.txt
and the core code:
http://niclas-thornqvist.se/rpg/scripts/ace/xs-core.txt

Is there anyone willing to help me?
)))))
Reply }
Bump :(
Reply }
*Wraps his head around a telephone pole*

*snags image*

[Image: xs-menu-delux.png]

So THAT'S what it is supposed to look like..... Who names a hero 'Rupert'? Hey, I used that shot for MY 'Bill' hero in my ABS!

Well, I do recognize a number of classes. Comically, the ReGaL system that I am a part is using a colors module of our own, setting up the system so game text colors may be chosen/edited in the editor as well as coded in the script. And I am familiar with how he set up the config system. I can tear that apart in 30 seconds.

But this being RPGMaker VXAce, I am unfamiliar with some of the classes and its workings (to a degree). And it does seem odd to have a separate window class for icons. BUT on looking at the display, I kinda see why he added that.

IF I can get to it, it may not be an actual 'translation', but a facsimile made to look like it. As much based on his work if I can.

But you also wish to use Moghunter scripts and if they are the menu scripts, you may wish to look at the 're-envisioned' Moghunter scripts that I posted. These are rewrite/edits that clean up his coding, make them more compatible with other default scripts, and have a lot more features that you can adjust within the configuration section.

If you're looking at Moggy's main menu script though... why need this one? Laughing Easy enough for an experienced scripter to 'add' menu options for other linked scripts (like a bestiary, crafting, etc).
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Well, I dont use Mogs Main Menu because its crap and usen very often. Plus this Menu looks much cooler and fits better to my eyes. I just use some edited versions of his Equip and Item menu.
To be honest: I dont expect nobody to do a exact same copy of the original script. But something that looks close. It's not possible to  make something 100% the same which uses another system even if they are related. But it is possible to make it 99% same sometimes. : Grinning
btw. I like Mogs Scripts. Indeed I do. Im in love with his super awesome Monogotari menu. I would like to use it very badly.  But sadly, he only made it for RPG VX :)))))) And im using RMXP. Hey, and be happy that I dont ask here to make the Monogatari Script into RPG XP. Its main script alone has more than 10000 lines. You probably would sit some good months working into it. haha.

Just do me a favour and make keep this options, if possible.

1. Its original Script was designed for RPG VX ACE. But please make the for the original and standart RPG XP Resolution.

2. Could you keep a option to change the font used in the main menu like it was possible in MOGS Scripts?

3. Could you code it like that way, that it always possible to add more choices a the left menu screen: Like Item, Equipment, Spells, Stats, Formation, Save, Load, Quit, Title, Camping, Alchemy, Questlog, Party

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart!
Reply }
Dude, Mog's older RPGMaker XP menu systems were POORLY designed. I seriously went to town cleaning them up, and adding more config values 'including' options for fonts and stuff. So setting up an option in this for fonts? No problem at all.

10,000 line scripts? You never tried translating a complete AT bar battlesystem from Japanese into English, have you? You should do a search for RTAB in here and be amazed. Or ParaDog, or Claihm, or XRXS, ... all Japanese systems, but I digress...

Normally it is a simple (or fairly simple) thing for a confident scripter to add new menu options. Making it plug-n-play...? If that's the case, then it is an interesting concept. I will look into it. I didn't fully examine the script as yet. Perhaps it is read from the config?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Okay. Anyway, mog does make cool stuff now, sadly he doesnt support RPG MV or RMXP anymore. ((
I'm looking forward to your solution to my "problem"
Reply }
Sending you a PM with a preliminary config that handles 'just' the loadable menu options feature. This feature lets you insert command options into you main menu's command list, set by the idx order number. Broken into two sections, one handles the menu's appearance and options disabled while the other contains the actual 'scene' commands loaded.

With this, you could make a new bestiary option by inserting the required lines of code. Winking

AND, notice the lone '2' on the line that holds the description for the Equip menu? That is an RPGMaker XP switch. Equip will be disabled until Switch 2 is turned on. Heheheh... you can use RMXP switches to turn on/off features.

Before you can ask, I don't know if I can make them just appear or become hidden/invisible and still compressed in order with a switch... yet.

Lemme know what you think in HERE.

Reply }
Thank you really much for your work so far,
As I looked at it -it is as it should be - oh I mean part of the way :))
Hiding a choice is not necessary, its fine when I can make them non selectable by switches.
I hope you keep your work up!
Thanks a lot!
Reply }
When I think about an option.... it IS necessary (not that I figured it out as yet).

Oh, preliminary version of the STATS config coming your way. Note how you can plug in either the actual RMXP value (for gold) or just the ID of a switch or variable. You like? This is just the stats.... I didn't implement it as yet as I did the commands.

Reply }
It comes close to my thoughts. You are my saviour! :)
btw. What would happen if I would put your coes above main?
:)) Didint try out.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Need help with my menu - Current issue is item grid layout LilyFrog 41 32,696 09-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: LilyFrog
   Special Items Separate Menu Diorm 41 36,077 02-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Diorm
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,523 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
Tongue  Healing Spell doesn't work right in Menu? Bounty Hunter Lani 8 10,935 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   My Options Menu needs help firestalker 0 2,961 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: firestalker
   Vx Ace Custom Menu help? Skitzen 1 4,856 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 5,997 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,708 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
Brick Sub-menu Tab Iqus 5 7,992 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pherione
   Help with Compact Menu Selection Script JackMonty 4 6,288 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Last Post: JackMonty