Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Portrait Messaging 1.1
Portrait Messaging
Version: 1.1

Introduction
This script creates a system which can easily implement use of the large portraits for your dialogue scenes.  

Features
  • Use Portraits with your message system
  • Runs on a switch
  • can set actors portraits in settings
  • uses simple script calls
  • change portrait size in settings
  • can display multiple portraits at once
  • technically, can run animations on portraits
  • easily change the position of the portraits
  • can mirror the portraits so that they face opposing directions

Screenshots
This is not a really good screenshot for sure.  But it shows the image up there.  I will try and get a better one up soon, showing more of the capability of the script!
Content Hidden

Script
"script"

Instructions
PORTRAITS:
You must create a new folder in your project folder's 'Graphics' directory, and name it 'Portraits'.

SETTINGS:
Use the settings in the module to link the portraits to the given actor, or create NPC portrait links that can be called through the event script call.  Also, use the module settings to set the actual portrait default size and the switch you will use to call it.

SCRIPT CALLS:
Finally, in game you can use the following script calls to use the system:
Content Hidden

FAQ

Q: What if I want to use faces and portraits?
A: Then toggle switch accordingly.

Q: What if I place a face in a text box with the portrait switch ON?
A: Then the face draw will be ignored and it will resort to drawing portraits!

Compatibility

I'm not really sure about this.  I believe I didn't overwrite any methods in this script, so it should be pretty darn compatible.  I really haven't heard of a lot of folks using it, except for me, that is.  But if you find an issue, tell me about it.

Author's Notes

I was inspired to create this script because of my fondness for games like Agarest War and Spectral Force to name a few.  The downside to this script is that it uses portraits Sarcasm + Confused And there is no really great generator of portrait images that I know of.  But it can bring some real snazz to a game using the default VX characters.

Terms and Conditions
You must credit me if you use this script even if it is modified by you or someone else.
In non-commercial games, it's free to use.  For commercial projects, I would just like a free copy and the credit!
Don't claim this is your script because it isn't!
And lastly, if you want to post the script on another site, you must have my permission first.
Reply }