Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What do you dislike in ATB Systems?
(05-17-2015, 04:31 AM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with ATB systems, everyone be gettin' so picky these days it's ridic, yo! [Image: confused.gif]

...In all seriousness, I don't get why people hate on particular systems, and like one over the other. I just play the darn games [Image: laughing.gif]
Maybe because different players/developers have different wants and/or tastes.
Some wants to play speed chess, some don't want to deal with space management, some want to command an entire army(which would be TBS or similar stuffs), some don't want to waste time on waiting the atb bars with slow refill speed to refill from empty to full...(etc)
When talking about things players/developers dislike in ATB systems, it can be about the entire ATB concepts, specific ATB systems, or even specific uses of specific ATB systems.
In some cases, the entire ATB concepts might just violate the major targeting audiences' expectations; In some other cases, it can be some of its specific implementations that disturb most players.
So I think hating ATB systems are completely ok, as long as there are clear subjective preferences/objective reasons behind it lol
My RMVXA/RMMV/RMMZ scripts/plugins:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/DoubleX/scripts/
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-16-2015, 05:11 AM
RE: What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-17-2015, 06:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Popular Battle Systems kyonides 6 6,445 02-24-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   When should I use global, instance, local, and constants in event systems? PK8 17 25,675 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed