Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RpgLegend - A Retro Multiplayer 2D RPG
Just in case of any confusion, my game is not made with Rpg Maker! WIth that said, I have some great progress and news to share today!!

Over the last week I have been hard at work prototyping the battle system into my engine. And today I would like to show you guys a short ~30 second clip of it in action. This clip shows how the turn meter (on the right side of the screen) operates:

https://twitter.com/phanxgames/status/72...8222063616

Entities move up the blue portion of the bar until they reach the transition between blue and red. Where they may select their move. In this clip they automatically select their move after a random 1 to 1.5 seconds. While they are making their selection you will notice a swirling icon next to their name, and you will also notice that other entities can still progress up the bar and work on making their selection at the same time.

Once an entity makes a selection, they move into the red part of the bar: the casting part. And any other entity that selects their move while another entity does, has a green checkmark icon, showing they are ready and waiting for their turn to cast. Since only one entity can cast at a time.

While an entity is casting anyone else will be able to use Aura abilities, which are abilities that can interupt or empower the currently casted skill. The clip does not show this.

Once casting is complete, the entity casts his spell, and in this clip it is just a simple attack for purposes of testing. And the next person goes.

Note: this clip does not modify health values yet either. Its primary purpose is to show how the turn meter works.
I would like to point out that the players have colored circles next to their turn meter frames, with numbers in it. These are so you can tell player 1 , 2 or 3 apart, and the icons are staggered so you can see them if they so happen to be stacked.
Also note that one of the bee monsters has a special frame on the turn meter, that frame is used for boss entities so they stand out.
[Image: userbar.gif] [Image: userbar.gif]
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: RpgLegend - A Retro Multiplayer 2D RPG - by thephantom - 05-01-2016, 07:57 PM