Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The Lycan ABS
Great, DerVVulfman! Your system at last! This script it's still compatible with Micko's Skill Tree, Pickpocket Thievery and the Paperdoll System? I've pretty much extended my game with this scripts (and I had made serious artwork for paperdoll; from weapons to clothes)
Reply }
Actually... Not the paperdoll system.

A new multipose and paperdoll system is near completion for the Lycan ABS. There are subtle (and some not so subtle) changes to the multipose system that required a new multipose script to be created. But I expected that.

As to MicKo's Skill Tree. Sure. I didn't do anything to MicKo's Skill Tree for the Lycan system.... don't see why it shouldn't work here.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
A few new
BUMPS
this time.....

I found an error with the Mine/Pipe Bomb triggering system. To be more accurate, in the animation system when the player is supposed to press a button and set off a remote bomb. It was the result of the previous animation update involving cut frames and it was the one system not properly updated.

There was a snag with the in-range method in the main engine when it pertained to the player when using pixelmovement. I had to write adaptive code so the system could get the proper coordinates one way or the other.... another bug fixed.

Slightly related, but... not? There was a glitch with the enemy sight system. Only mildly connected to the in-range method, it also needed some additional code to remove the player when the enemy is searching for targets OTHER than the player.

I had an annoying bug. If the enemy was STILL attacking the player when killed.... a residual sprite of the enemy would reappear. EGAD! WHAT? Yeah. I had to take care of that annoyance.

Likewise annoying, if the companions get involved in a fight and a particular event happens, control over the companions was lost. I had to create a reset mechanism for companion commands as it were.

And finally, respawned enemies may LOOK like they're attacking... but they were not. No HP, no valid status effects.... Something I had to fix... and fix for Christmas.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
One more
BUMP
to version 2.5!

Er, I forgot to change the version number in the header, but yeah.... version 2.5. If you have a compatible unarmed combat script, a new switch is available in the 1st CONFIG page which lets you attack a target unarmed! Whee!!!

Besides re-including my Multislots system (usually have it in these things).... I added my Sprite override scripts:
Franks's MultiPose Characterset system lets you use a single custom characterset that holds all your action animations, and the Lycan ABS Paperdoll system lets you see equipped items on your heroes. So if you want to change from using a sword to a hammer, your guys will do just that!

Oh, and if you didn't notice, a new AT bar script was added to the ABS. You can see a timer bar below your player showing how long it takes for your player to recover after performing an attack.

The Sprite Override scripts are EXCLUSIVES for House Slashers and Save-Point.Org.

Reply }
Very nice! I am looking forward to incorporating Paperdoll into my game :D
Odd glitch/bug/whatever. Played the demo for a bit, got this:
"Script '3 - ABS Engine Code' line 4583: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method 'animation_id' for nil:NilClass"
Reply }
Um.... right. Great.

Try it again (*sigh*) and see about replicating that error. I added quite a few lines of code because of a massive
BUMP!
to version 3.0

Well, first I had to fix a bug in the victim hit method. This method determines what direction a character is knocked back (if struck) and what sound effect is played by the victim (again.... if struck). The problem was that certain damage values weren't numeric. Oops, the dreaded "Miss" damage pop caused a problem. Oddly, this error didn't crop up until last night.

I figured I left it out, and yes.... I did. I included a system that prevented the player from assigning the same hotkey to both skills and items at the same time. Pressing one hotkey should not trigger both actions. In any event, if you did, only the skill hotkey would work as the item system wouldn't be reached. Meh... Easy fix.

But there was another thing I left out and it was a fix that I included for MrMo's ABS, a bug that was in his system too. If you hotkeyed a skill for one actor, cycling through your roster of actors should not let the other actors use that same hotkeyed skill. Unfortunately, I left it out just as MrMo initially did. Obviously, this meant I needed to make a system so individual actors had their own store of hotkeys. This bug has been fixed, as too for item hotkeys. It was an easy fix.

There was something left out of the routines that let you place or draw bombs or landmines. SephirothSpawn's excellent 'Event Spawner' code lets you record and save these newly generated events within your savegame, but only if you flag these events as those that are saved. This flag was left out of the bombs code, but has since been repaired.

I guess a bit of leftover code remained in the ballistics weapon system, letting you apply damage based on your missile weapon before applying damage based on your weapon or ammunition. So yeah... you had as much as DOUBLE damage being applied where it shouldn't have. *snip snip* There goes that single stupid line of code.

But what brought me to the ballistics system was the ammunition system. I wanted it so you could visually see different projectiles if you used the ammunition system and changed from one ammo to another. In the demo, for example, the silver arrow is a striking blue color while the flight arrow is of your typical brownish tint.

Reply }
Yep.... one more...
BUMP!
to version 3.1
ntzrmtthihu777 of Save-Point.Org noticed a bug involving the companion attack system. Actually, a couple of methods needed fixing, but this was done quickly.

This was probably one of the first bug reports for the Lycan ABS I received. Come on! No other bug reports? Has it been that well written that no bugs have been found? Or no one else had time to send in any feedback? C'mon guys! Yer slackin'! :

Reply }
I was testing out Lycan ABS and noticed that if you make a companion "stay here" and then enter a new map and go back to the original map, the companion will be unavailable and you cannot get it back. Maybe it can automatically be available again in the party once you enter a new map?

Kudos to you and for this ABS, it's a pretty good one. :D
Reply }
BUMP
to version 3.2

Similar to the error that cropped up for companions performing attack animations when a game includes a 'unarmed combat' script, another bug appeared when a victim of said companions looked for the 'target' animation. Yarg.... no weapon.... no 2nd animation. I just included a new check to ensure that bug gets squished.

Reply }
Hey, would you like some kind of translation into French of this script? I can post it on a couple of French forums too if you like.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Lycan Companion Icons DerVVulfman 0 622 08-09-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Lycan Sneak Armor DerVVulfman 0 4,671 10-25-2015, 06:15 AM
   Lycan ABS / MGC Mode7 Edit Patch DerVVulfman 2 8,363 10-18-2015, 07:12 PM
   The Lycan ABS Isometric Maps Patch DerVVulfman 1 6,005 06-25-2014, 03:54 AM
   Lycan Enemy Bars / MGC Mode7 Edit Patch DerVVulfman 0 5,271 06-12-2014, 04:05 AM
   Lycan Oversized Enemy Targeting DerVVulfman 0 4,434 06-05-2014, 03:42 AM
   The Lycan ABS Isometric View Patch DerVVulfman 4 9,546 04-23-2014, 04:58 AM
   Title Skip for Lycan ABS JayRay 3 6,685 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Lycan Attack Fatigue DerVVulfman 0 4,716 03-04-2014, 05:03 AM
   Meagan's Particles for the Lycan ABS DerVVulfman 0 4,463 06-07-2013, 04:21 AM