Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Fragments [Early Development]
Battle demo is coming along goooood~~~ Unfortunately, we lost Ugaki-san to complications from his injuries. >_> I was appointed to take over designing the character art for the game. I'm trying very hard to keep most of his style although you can see mine creeping up in there. With help from the forum members I've mimicked Ugaki-san's colouring pretty well. And I've started with the main character, Ibara.

You can see my progress: http://k-u-r-u-i.deviantart.com/art/Ibar...-279161112 o3o

I'm also done with some of the intro sketching, finally. >_> Its going slow, I've been sick, though my health has improved for the past few days due to going to a completely nutrient shake diet again. I'm going to draw all of the main protagonists (4 of them) first, though before continuing, since we had a few set backs with Ugaki-san's death. Then i will continue with the animation. We should have our battle demo test out.....eh, sometime or other. The programmers are working on it with still dummy sprites until we can make the real animations and all. I'm re-designing some of the GUI: The battle has been turned into a Tactical Battle System:

Players will issue Fragment Troops, shards that contain elemental properties (sections of the field can be turned into elemental status that will effect various things), skills (players will need to be within a range of the shard to use certain skills), and other effects. We've also coded some field traps, secret areas, and more bells and whistles into the system, so that the battles won't get stale. We were afraid at first that our small bestiary would put people off. But if we decorate the battles with some challenging aspects and let the player control certain environmental factors to try to gain advantages in various ways, we think we've overcome that.

You'll be hearing some fully voiced/sang musics soon too, and get your first listen at a battle theme.

This game will probably be a long time in the making, but worth it in the end and I hope whoever is following will follow through until its completed and then buy it to play. :3
Hardcore gamer (which console should I play >_> ) - JRPG, Classic Platform Game, and Survival Horror Enthusiast (there was a hole here.) - Artist/Singer (German and Japanese > English crapola~ any day!) - Bounto supporter~ (nom nom nom souls) - Kagerozakun Obsessed! (I see. . .) - Not so normal girl XD (but you love me anyway)

Quote:Why is your team so damn awesome?
Tweezel Wrote:Because I'm in it~

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Fragments [Early Development] - by NnsNightshade - 10-15-2011, 04:32 AM
RE: Fragments [Early Development] - by Kristovski - 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
RE: Fragments [Early Development] - by NnsNightshade - 01-14-2012, 04:06 AM
RE: Fragments [Early Development] - by Kain Nobel - 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Evil Space [in early development} Lupinos 2 6,383 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Lupinos
   [Early] Diadem (Prototype Title), Mecha-based Tactics RPG Sparx-1 0 7,169 12-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sparx-1
   [Early] The Red Crusade Lt. Fox 0 4,374 12-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Lt. Fox
   [Early] Final Fantasy:Untitled Project Myownfriend 0 4,981 12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Myownfriend
  [Early] Max Dynamo: Rise of Valdoreth Sparx-1 0 4,078 12-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sparx-1
   [Early] ????? ~ Massive Blooming Crystals Archeia 0 4,413 12-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Archeia