Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Laura's Escape Bar Removal Code
Laura's Escape Bar Removal Code
Version: 1.5

Introduction
This script system removes the [ FIGHT / ESCAPE ] bar from your default or RTAB battle system. As this version overwrites certain defs in the SCENE_BATTLE system, it should be the top-most custom script in your system. This script also assumes that no 'direct' editing of the default RGSS scripts have been made.

Features
  • Removes the Fight / Escape bar from the top of your battle system
  • Adds the 'Escape' option to your actor's command window
  • Actor's command window repositions itself vertically for the 'Escape' option
  • Optional control to resize the Actor command window for scrolling options
  • You can rename the 'Escape' option
  • The 'Escape' option show disabled if the hero(s) can't run from battle
Screenshots
No thanks

Demo
Had one today... I ate it. Delicious.

Script
The DBS Version
The RTAB Version

Instructions
Place this script right below the RGSS Default Script: Scene_Debug, to have the changes take place immediately to the DBS system. Any scripts that edit the DBS should be placed BELOW this script.

The ESCAPE_TEXT constant holds the text that appears in your command window.

WHAT I DID
Initially, I did nothing but what Da2DBM did. It's just that I kept it as a standalone script ready for install. Afterwards, I implemented XRXS's Window script to make it smaller and more compliant with other systems.

Compatibility
This script is NOT SDK compatible. It is not intended for any battle system other than the Default Battle system or the RTAB system and may conflict with scripts that 'replace' any of the following defs in Scene_Battle:
update, start_phase2, update_phase2, phase3_setup_command_window, start_phase4, and make_basic_action_result

However, scripts that Alias these defs should comply without any error.

Regarding Eladia's Battle Equipment Menu:
Compatability Fix

Author's Notes
I named it after a friend. :D

Terms and Conditions
This system add-on is available royalty-free, and is permitted for commercial use. However, no warranty on this system is expressed or implied.

What is required as conditions for use is due credit. I gotta get listed for this script somewhere... at least in the game's end credits. Also to be listed is credit to XRXS for his Window Command system, and to Da2DBM for the original edit.

[Image: xp_warning.png]
Image has link to Enterbrain's Download Page
Reply }
Sorry to bother you but... you say you need to change @actor_command_window.height / 32 - 1 to make this work with Eladia's battle equip but i couldn't find such line. The escape option shows above the equip one no matter the order i put the scripts but works, while the equip one doesn't. I'm using the DBS.
Reply }
Hey DerVVulfman!

I hate to bump old topics but I just caught this error while using the RTAB edit with RTAB. The escape button goes to the command menu but you cannot use it. Nothing happens when you try to select it.

Also if you try to get into a battle that does not allow you to escape you get an error. Here's an example:

Escape Bar Removal RTAB

Maybe Im missing something...but Im not sure. Thanks for any help!
[Image: crono.png]
Reply }
Confused My RTAB with Extras demo (>HERE<) has all these freakin' scripts working together in tandem... including Laura... and just the two don't?

Gonna have to look into it. It's a pretty dang old script.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Haha I know its old! I figured if anyone could figure it out, it would be you though haha.
Reply }
Just FYI, the script that its in the RTAB demo works like a champ. The text script that you have on the site doesnt work correctly.
Reply }
Argh, Im back in this thread with another question. (Hate double/triple posting). I seem to have some little issue and I'm not sure where to look to fix it. I am using RTAB + Laura's Escape bar with some edits. I just switched the defend and item command. Well anyways the escape script works like a charm but when you are in a battle that you can't escape from the wrong command is "greyed out". The reason its in quotes is because the command that is greyed out is still usable while the escape command isn't. How do I move the grey part down to the escape command? Here's a screenshot to help describe my issue.

[Image: 2dj3315.png]

Im sure its something easy...I just am drawing blanks on where to look. =/
Reply }
Did you (by any chance) perform an edit to Laura near the beginning? Like in the start_phase1 method in Scene_Battle where you'd see:

Code:
# Get index of Equip Command
    @escape_actor_command_index = @actor_command_window.height / 32 - 1
If so, you need to adjust your disable item code to match:
Code:
if $game_temp.battle_can_escape == false
      @actor_command_window.disable_item(@actor_command_window.height / 32 - 1)
    end
As you can see, the first bit of code obtains and sets the index of your escape option in the command window.
That's the whole ... height / 32 -1. The second item also uses the same formula to disable the same command.

I wrote this 4 1/2 years ago?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
The lines are the same. I never edited anything other than the configuration settings in the Laura script.

But thanks to you all I changed was

Code:
      @actor_command_window.disable_item(@actor_command_window.height / 32 - 1)
    end

to

Code:
      @actor_command_window.disable_item(@actor_command_window.height / 32)
    end

And it hits the correct command. I don't know if that is because of an edit I made or what. Thank you for the help as always haha.
Reply }
Okay... I've been messing around with it just now. You have the $command_height value at around 144 rather than 160, eh?

Try increasing the size in the $command_height value a bit. I figure by '16'... back to 160. The system considers that you would have four options available in your actor command window, so it needs it to be large enough to show four. At least, that's what I think is the problem.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Extra ITEM for MOG Scene Item Laura DerVVulfman 0 4,522 06-29-2017, 03:44 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Code Mora : Morality Engine BeJeremiah 0 5,017 07-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Last Post: BeJeremiah
   Xenres Single Actor Escape Kirito 0 5,380 10-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Kirito
   Xenres Escape Bar Removal Script Kirito 0 5,574 10-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Kirito
   Moghunter Menus: Scene Item Laura DerVVulfman 2 8,786 08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
   Miss Laura's Transparent GameOver Screen DerVVulfman 0 4,883 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
   Simple Escape Command Trickster 0 3,975 03-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Trickster