Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Name Detector? (More info in thread)
So you're looking for a means within Dubealex's AMS R4 to:

1) Change/Show the name of the lead party member within dialog instead of using the \n[ index ] system which selects the name of an actor in the database.

2) Change/show the name of the speaker identified in the name box, preferably by a similar means.

You have already understood the way that $game_party.actors[0] can identify the lead party member... with actors[1], [2] and [3] in tow as the additional members therein, so I won't dwell on that.  Also, you can see how to use the Game_Variable class ($game_variables) to accept the name of an actor.

But now you wish to know how to substitute the name within the name box itself.   The technique is almost the same.  It's a matter of syntax, which you can see in the screenie I attached ... which also includes Kyonides's previously described solution for your first inquiry.

\name [ \v[id] ]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=970]

I doubled up and used two sets of $game_variables when only one was needed. I was thinking of setting the 2nd variable to have the reply of 'NO, I'm ****" instead.

.jpg   textoption.jpg (Size: 21.79 KB / Downloads: 25)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name Detector? (More info in thread) - by DerVVulfman - 10-13-2017, 03:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Self Data Suite support thread PK8 0 3,400 07-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: PK8
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,935 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew