Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What do you dislike in ATB Systems?
(05-19-2015, 09:43 AM)RosyPosy Wrote: Well CTBs exist so the need for ATBs are just not there.They were short lived primarily because they sat inbetween the two extremes and they managed to slow down both options.
the best usage of action time was prolly in FF12.because actions had different cast times you could Strat around that.
Waiting on a turn though is just lunacy. Its a cost for an assumed action. Like paying a toll for walking, it will never feel gratifying.

Use haste in a Ctb and you immediately see its effect and its gratifying.
Use haste in FF7 and you simply make grinding less annoying. i never felt like I got an advantage from haste- Instead I just used Fury alot take more damage use more Limits- finish fight much quicker+ you upgrade limits faster doing that.
In some play throughs I was able to get level 3s for cloud and barret before I got to Yuffies Wutai section.
( the grinding was real tho XD)
So is it because the atb feature set hasn't been expanded enough to make atb systems to have unique values, or is it because the very essence of the core atb concepts are just... "self-defeating"?
My RMVXA/RMMV/RMMZ scripts/plugins:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/DoubleX/scripts/
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-16-2015, 05:11 AM
RE: What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Popular Battle Systems kyonides 6 6,421 02-24-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   When should I use global, instance, local, and constants in event systems? PK8 17 25,628 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed