Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Commercial Recruitment and Resources
I thought I could add about my personal experience in this subject.
I found really hard finding people, artists, willing to provide you any quality resources against just profit sharing. I ended up paying for anything I'm using in my Hartacon game.
One artist was just beginning to make game resources at the time when I hired him. We agreed on "payment after the job is done" terms, but in the end he thought that he had spent too much time for the job, and he didn't even charge me (I gave him some "gift").
The one that is making my game interface is much more strict, sometimes even annoying, and he wants payment in advance. We agreed on a three-steps payment plan against partial handover of the resources.
In none of these cases I signed anything nor I made the other guy sign anything. A preview/payment/handover policy and splitting the job in more steps was enough for me.
By the way, if you want to really make money from your game, I am under the impression that you need to have exclusive original resources.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commercial Recruitment and Resources - by Charlie Fleed - 04-09-2012, 08:28 AM