Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
It works without an additional event.

Just look into the event which drops the HP and activate the "Allow Knockout in Battle" function in the "Change HP" command
Reply }
Melana? Hehe... We have a board for Event Systems. Wanna post that Jem in there? Laughing
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
What could I do to the event system if I wanted the hp to be drained in percentages of max hp?
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
It works but it's a little bit uncomfortable. You always have to know which actors are in the party on that map because you have to adjust the event which calculates the percentages.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-1193...s.rar.html
Reply }
Thanks.
-------------------
Ah, I realized that it is NOT possible for me to make an animated tile of a moving outstretched arm/hand. I'd have to make a sprite sheet and then put it on an event, which means I'll have to make several hundreds of events anyways. Oh well, surely they won't have map lag as long as the events have nothing in them.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Isn't it possible to do that with an animated auto-tile?
Reply }
No, because the hand outstretched would have part of it outside the 32x32 tile.
Although if i make it a sprite and put it on an event, I might have a passability issue.

Reply }
So I've made a request for an artist teammate on two different boards, so hopefully in the coming weeks someone will bite and I'll be able to speed up progress for my game.
It isn't easy getting stuff done with no money, no siree.

Reply }
It's been a week or so now and mostly I have been ignored in my desire for an artist or musician team mate. However, I did get one private message from an artist (who has yet to provide examples of their art) but they do not want to make a free game, they also do not want to be working on it for more than a month.
Which is troubling because I'm strongly against making games that cost money (and for a first time project no less!) as my main motivation is making the game popular like Ib and Deep-Sea Prisoner's/Mogeko's works and for recognition.
Additionally, my classes have started so I do not feel like I can not do it in 1 month.

EDIT: Ah, no wonder, she's a freelance game designer.

Dunno, make a commercial game, should I or shouldn't I? My game idea I think is very interesting and I think I can make a high-quality game, but euuugh, I dunno.

Reply }
I would never give the future of my own beloved game into the hands of some other odd people. When they lose the motivation or just leave the project for some unknown reason everything is done. All the work and heart you've put into it is for nothing because you don't get any new graphics/music/whatever. So either you give up everything or you switch back to the RTP and free stuff which would be alot of work and may be even impossible in some cases. (If you have a really special and original setting in your game).

I, personally would kill myself if that would happen to my game.

So either I'm able to do everything on my own or I have to stick to the free and open source community where Me and the fate of my whole game is not bound to a specific person and it's mood.
The only exception would be a person which I know for years where I could be 100% sure that he/she would never abandon me.

That's just my own opinion. But I'm a loner my whole life so far so I think thats also a reason for that opinion.
Reply }