Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Continued working on the Audio module. It's about as right as I can get it, given the winmm.dll doesn't account for volume control. Sure, I have a work around, but I'd like to be able to tie Midi volume into the mcisendstring system like every other audio format.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
winmm.dll? That doesn't sound very cross-platform. Is this for Regal or regular old RPG Maker XP?
Reply }
Regular old. It's for a game my sis and I are working on. Besides, I had the mcisendstring system for a while.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Ah I see! How is that game coming along, by the way? The last I've heard of it was when you scripted that fishing minigame for it.

As for what's up with me, I've decided to cut out 'socalization' minigame out of my RPG. It just didn't fit in with the other mechanics. I'll either rework it or use it in a different project.
Reply }
Audio is the last major system to work out. It includes the looping/channels system, Audio Encryption so no one can snag the music and volume control for a config section already present. After that, I just shift and streamline the code itself.... cleanup duty.

Reply }
WOOT WOOT!

Encrypted audio and music with custom loop points and a configuration system that can adjust the volume during gameplay WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!

Now it's cleanup time. This means, I turn all this jumble of 100+ scripts with hundreds of aliases into a very clean system. Granted, you've prolly noted I write things pretty structured and clean in the first place. What does this involve? It involves me rewriting the default code to include the new aliased code, taking my time .... script by script... piece by piece... and eliminating any duplicated code.

After that, it's another bout of cleanup where I see about making the code run even faster! Oh, yeah... After this, it's Optimizing time!

Reply }
will you submit a copy of this script?
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Actually, I bumped my Audio Sendstring script this week. The music encryption system was put in the forum by Me™ like... years ago. He's not around much now (college).

Reply }
I finally got around to writing a C# application to edit my custom data outside of scripts. txt2rgss is very useful for this.
Reply }
I'm still at a loss for making a battle theme that truly represents the main villain... -.-
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }