Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I think I just figured out a battle system event chain that actually works like I want it to :D
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
I'm actually working on the BETA demo for my testers, so to get that along, I've started spriting another character (which I haven't told this community yet, but yea, I'm a spriter now!) for my story.

If you'd like to see what I've made, here is a link: Link

He was built on the Tough guy template. :)

(I hope this was the proper way to use this thread...Laughing)
[Image: 10shroo.jpg]
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Artist, Author, Gamer, Music Maker (learning!) and Christian :)
Reply }
(12-15-2010, 01:29 AM)MagitekElite Wrote: (I hope this was the proper way to use this thread...Laughing)

Sure. And btw you can use the img tag when you have pics to show.

I have been working on writing code for elements and state effects, and I am trying to finish the equip screen. I haven't figured out how the menu should appear from a visual point of view.
Also, I haven't spoken with my artist in a while, I'm a little worried.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
(12-14-2010, 11:33 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Anyone know a script that allows "Reputation" to be seen in the menu and that's controlled with a variable? Ive been looking forever. I found one a while ago but that's on my old computer (that I haven't booted up for over a year).
An old script called Good and Evil by Synthesize. You MAY find it at RPG Revolution. I think (I could be wrong) that the poster's name was Ty.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I tried the script and it's hard to understand but I don't think it's what I'm looking for :/
Thanks anyway.

I'm steadily going through all my old music. Oh what fun to see progress! (I'm still a noob though)
And this evening I watched tons of amazingly funny Russell Howard clips on YouTube. I was laughing so loud I think I woke my neighbours up.
Reply }
The shadow engine is now working. I can place areas of shadow on my maps using empty events with tokens in their names. Within an area of shadow, enemies are less likely to see you.
Making good AI is hard, but it is coming along. A reputation script? Should be quite easy to do with events don't you think? D:
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

Reply }
Working on altered states for Hartacon. I'm also waiting for the first character concept art from my new recruit. She's a young European artist with lots of enthusiasm and creativity. This is the artwork that made me ask her to join the team:
Content Hidden
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
I'm back to working on my ol' script: MultiSlots! It was my own version of Guillaume777's script with a few (dozen) rewrites.

While I certainly made it easier to work with, and well... fun... I wasn't satisfied. There was one thing it was lacking that every other script that added extra slots was missing. Or perhaps I should say, it is a feature that was sadly crafted.

I have been working on a new dual weilding system, a system that allows the player to use two weapons at the same time. Now while this isn't totally revolutionary, multiple slot scripts such as mine required that the conditions for a player to use two weapons or the weapon/shield system be turned on/off with a switch. If he wanted to use two weapons, turn it on. But if he wanted sword/shield style like the default... turn it off. It had to be controlled by some event or script call to change the actor's condition.

Right now, I'm in the beta stages ( Very happy + Tongue sticking out ) of a new system that does have a switch... fair enough. But it is a switch that determines if the actor can only do sword/shield or if he's ambidextrous enough to do either sword/shield or dual weapons. If he can, the item window for the 2nd slot will be filled with both shields and weapons. A literal plus in my viewpoint.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Started up a request thread for things I'm looking for/working on and need help with. I'm liking my frankentiling and hope that it works out for the best.
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
My brain ... MY BRAIN!!!!

Okay, I just rewritten a script used to show character graphics in menu screens, similar to Visual Equipment, but not interfering with my Visual Battlers, Visual Equipment or the like. Heck, it's like 1/2 the size now (not including all the graphics you set up).

And the name input section in my project's character creation system now uses the traditional 'move the cursor over the character' format, mouse control and full keyboard input. Yep, you can 'TYPE' the name and go with it. Spacebar and Backspace are still part of the default system... Space selects a highlighted letter, doesn't insert a space.

And... shoveled some snow.

Reply }