Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practicing... xD
Hi there!

I'm trying to draw and color my drawings with a graphic tablet in photoshop...
I'm not that good and that's why I'm practicing! (Makes sense!)

If you have any improvement suggestions, please let me know!

So, here's the first drawing I made with photoshop. =/
Content Hidden
(Outlines are crappy I know... xD")

And here's a face for my VX project I made some hours ago:
Content Hidden

~Kerdukie
Reply }
your drawings arent bad at all, good job. :]
Reply }
Ok 1 YOU DONT STINK AT DRAWING !!! its better than anything i could ever draw i like it .
Reply }
really nice. That girl has some knockers! Laughing
Reply }
Wow, i like the faceset.
Reply }
Hi yes, while I do appreciate your drawings, there are some issues I see. In the first one, it seems to me that some of your lighting is misplaced and is all over the place. While overall, there is one direct light source, there are these few places that seems to distort this. One example would be the left hand (our right). The right part of the hand (our right) seems to be more shaded then the area of and around the thumb. If you look at our hands, teh part aroung the thumb sticks out more. I of course, did a lightsource test as well. It was areas like these that could use some touching up. Of course, the other thing I might add is the fact the your porportions seem off, but you already knew that. :3

In the second one, I appeciate some of the sloppiness in the lineart, it adds personality. Other than that, I can find nothing majorly wrong.

(Im not a pro artist or anything, these are just opinions) o:
Reply }
Well, at least you know shades...
you should work on your artwork more often unless you won't get better.
Reply }
Alpha-Mad Wrote:really nice. That girl has some knockers! Laughing
xD

Thanks for your praises and the criticism!^^
Yeah, I really have a problem when it comes to shades. :x
But I'm going to work that out! I'm just so impatient, that I simply put the shades there, where I like it... xD"

Maybe I should take on some tutorials.^^

Here's another picture I made for a friend. (same shade-problem again as you might see! xD)
Pic
Reply }
You should use long smooth elongated curves for the hair, maybe that will help.
Reply }
I agree with wizoo on that part. I find it odd that you have ruffled edges after he smooth, delicate ones. Your shading could use work. You pillowshade many points of the piece. To me, I cannot really find a lightsource. Also, the angle seems to change as the piece progresses downwards. The angle of her body seems to change, and is not one single perspective. Other than that, the only other issue I have is the fact that you cut of the top of her head, which bothers me as you have the whole rest of her body. o:
Reply }