Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Good day
I am Skye. I work on RPGXP making story-heavy games. My eternity project is an atmospheric, technically minimalist vampire adventure game called Bloodbrand. Here are some screen captures of this project for your viewing: 

[Image: bb_crypt.jpg]

[Image: bb_frostford.jpg]

[Image: bb_gontgates.png]

[Image: gont-crying_moon_hall_s.jpg]

Some of the graphics are placeholders still (fe. I haven't drawn yet proper attire for the protagonist), and some are from PVGames' excellent tilesets. 

Some scripts I use (if someone is wondering about them):
- ForeverZero's Message Choice Window
- Taylor's Simple Message System
- Super Simple Font Shadow
- Text Scroll - Enhanced v2 (the floats; I still have some minor difficulties with deploying this script properly)

I hope to finish it one day, sooner or later. I have been working for years on this project, but many technical issues have delayed the project significantly. Now I feel I have gotten most of them sorted out, although a vast body of work remains. I work in the games industry, but this is a world apart from that as my hobby/passion project, so I am not in such a hurry to finish it. I will be honest: I joined this community mainly to get technical help on some few issues I still face with some scripts I utilize and have modified to fit my needs.
Welcome! That looks gritty, I like the aesthetic.
What kind of job do you have in the industry?
(02-13-2021, 03:37 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Welcome! That looks gritty, I like the aesthetic.
What kind of job do you have in the industry?

Thank you; I am very glad you like it. 

I work on a top-50 action mobile game as a level designer and game artist, with typical monetization mechanics as you can expect. It is nothing like this project, however. It is a good job, and although I enjoy it, I would rather be making very different kinds of games (more like the one I posted).
*HOWUUU!!!* ( Translation from Lycan: [i]Greetings and Salutations![i] )

Very entertaining artwork indeed. And with what appears to be isometric tile art. Is there full 8-directional control, ir is that merely the choice of tilework?

And the theme... vampires. Vampyr I approve.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]

Vampire Dracula Who ever said blood here? Where is it?
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 2 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX
There will be plenty of blood, I do so attest. After all, it is part and parcel of the being of vampire, a manifest of phantom life... Yes!

Quote: Is there full 8-directional control, ir is that merely the choice of tilework?

This is what I am striving for, and currently it functions almost to expectations. Notice, it is using six frames instead of eight, as I attempted to cut back on animation time, and while I am not 100% pleased with the somewhat choppy result, it will do for now. Likely I will only do this for a few unique critters like the protagonist, since the animation process is of such pain. Another issue is that since this is 2D it will need some heavy refinement so it does not stand out so clearly from the 3D-prerendered critters I am using of PVGames' provisions... 

[Image: bb-walkcycle1.gif]
Skye? Laughing I am not exactly sure, but I believe that ye epic CRPG Hack and Slash game "DIABLO" ... sported a mere 6 frame of animation per step or action as well, except when one had a sword of speed where a frame was chopped off.

So you're in GOOD COMPANY.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]