Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Introduction] Returning to RPG Maker after 4 years
lestat3179 Offline
Abrasive Esper
Registered

Returning to RPG Maker after 4 years

Hello, all! As the thread title states, I'm coming back from a long hiatus from RPG Maker. The story of how it happened, while somewhat interesting, stresses me out. So I'll not dwell on it. I've been lurking around the ghost town that is CA, and also the much more lively RMN. Ran across DerVVulfman at CA, and now I guess I'll be lurking about here too. lol
Anyway, this should be enough about me to avoid qualifying as newbie spam, so I'll stop before it becomes creepy.

The most important lesson I learned from AD&D is this: Trolls are best killed with fire.

[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
06-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Find
Bounty Hunter Lani Offline
Most Beautiful Bounty Hunter Ever
Moderators

RE: Returning to RPG Maker after 4 years

Haha, welcome! And happy lurking!  Laughing 
06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Website Find
lestat3179 Offline
Abrasive Esper
Registered

(06-13-2017, 02:49 PM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: Haha, welcome! And happy lurking!  Laughing 

And now down to business: Who should I talk to around here regarding the topic of in depth scripting and custom systems? I need advice or, at the very least, to be talked out of an attempt to do a conversion of RM to use the Story Teller pencil and paper mechanics. (Yes, it is quite possible that I am not in my right mind.) Very happy + Tongue sticking out

The most important lesson I learned from AD&D is this: Trolls are best killed with fire.

06-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Find
DerVVulfman Online
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

*HOWUU!!!!* Translation from Lycan (Happy Lurkin!)

Referring to "Story teller pen and paper mechanics", are you wishing to convert the mechanics of RPGMaker XP to one of the Dungeons and Dragons / Hackmaster / or like D20 or similar systems???

And when I get enough headway with the content, I intend to unveil my WIP, the 'Creation Asylum' archive.... fearing my old haunt may collapse.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]

06-14-2017, 03:16 AM
Find
lestat3179 Offline
Abrasive Esper
Registered

(06-14-2017, 03:16 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: *HOWUU!!!!* Translation from Lycan (Happy Lurkin!)

Referring to "Story teller pen and paper mechanics", are you wishing to convert the mechanics of RPGMaker XP to one of the Dungeons and Dragons / Hackmaster / or like D20 or similar systems???

And when I get enough headway with the content, I intend to unveil my WIP, the 'Creation Asylum' archive.... fearing my old haunt may collapse.

Something like that. To be precise I mean the system behind Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the Ascension, Changeling the Dreaming, and Wraith the Oblivion. With an eye towards doing Scion, as well. Thanks to an NSFW VX Ace project I ran across, I think it highly possible to do Cyberpunk 2020 in RPG Maker. That revived my long standing dream of doing the World of (JRPG) Darkness. And, as previously noted, I may in fact not be in my right mind. lol

06-14-2017, 03:39 AM
Find
DerVVulfman Online
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

Ya had me at Werewolf Laughing And if my sis was around, she'd be sinking her fangs into this thread.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]

06-14-2017, 03:58 AM
Find
lestat3179 Offline
Abrasive Esper
Registered

(06-14-2017, 03:58 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Ya had me at Werewolf  Laughing  And if my sis was around, she'd be sinking her fangs into this thread.

Werewolf was easily the second most popular title in the line, back in the day. It would also be probably one of the simpler ones to do, due to how supernatural abilities are handled in it. Mage is the one that'll be a true bastard. Strike that, Scion will be the worst one to try to adapt. The main difficulty in doing any of them is trying to adapt the dice pool mechanic of Story Teller. If I can just hash out some way to translate it to Ruby...

06-14-2017, 04:13 AM
Find
MetalRenard Offline
Feelin' Foxy?
Fearless Leader

Hey! Welcome to Save-Point! You said you'd be lurking but you're super engaged already, it's nice to see.
I hope you can enjoy your stay here!

Got a game on Steam! [Image: header.jpg?t=1486637353] [Image: metalrenardlogo-tiny-52718e9.png] Composer, Rocker, World Ambassador for Foxes.
06-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Website Find
lestat3179 Offline
Abrasive Esper
Registered

(06-15-2017, 06:18 AM)MetalRenard Wrote: Hey! Welcome to Save-Point! You said you'd be lurking but you're super engaged already, it's nice to see.
I hope you can enjoy your stay here!

I stand by my use of lurking. Very happy + Tongue sticking out  I drop by at least 3 times for every one time I log in.

06-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Find

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  New to RPG Maker (Sorta) GalacticGod 2 1,986 03-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Back in the RPG Maker Community after a LONG Time EricandTheCheat 4 3,852 06-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: EricandTheCheat
   RPG Maker Rules! Hello everyone! AceOfShades 5 4,726 06-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Last Post: AceOfShades
   Arrghh!! After 2 years, I'm back! IT'S TIME TO CONQUER EARTH! Samven 12 9,227 03-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Samven
   Totally new!! Like just DL RPG maker Xp! peridox_zero 12 7,448 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Last Post: deValdr