Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Some of Kyledove's tiles (RMXP)
These aren't just reposted from elsewhere; in my search for a different graphics style I tried running them through a few effects and thought they looked good. I don't make Pokemon games though, so I don't have a use for them. It's popular with a lot of people though, so maybe someone else will pick them up. The tileset itself is outside scenery from Diamond/Pearl.

If you use them, 100% of the credit goes to Kyledove. I'll add more if people are interested.

Attachment not found - PK8
}
if anybody uses these, 100% of the credit goes to nintendo and gamefreak. these are filtered rips.

thanks for sharing man
}
Actually, they're not rips, they're custom tiles... the games they come from use 3d graphics so that's not even possible. The guy who made them just based his tiles off of 'em.

Not trying to directly contradict you but that's how it is.
}
say what you will but the fact that the buildings are sometimes so large that the last few tiles are shunted down a row speaks pretty loudly of a spritesheet adapted to a fixedwidth tileset. an original spriter wouldn't waste so much space that it's necessary.

but I also see a lot of cut corners that wouldn't have cut it in an actual game, so I'm gonna say this is maybe 75% edit.
}
This deviantart site is where they're coming from, if you read the comments all will be revealed. Someone just took that image and made it into a tileset. And yeah Mawk, that's exactly what happened. The guy just made a huge sheet and someone else put it into the tileset.
}
these are rips. i play pokemon on a level that i guarantee you do not. i have been involved with the spriting community for the past 6 years of my life. i know rips when i see them.

if you didn't know that then ok no harm done. but now you know.
}
You clearly don't, because they're not rips. They're obviously meant to be like the ones in the game, but they're 2D, and the graphics are 3D in the actual game. If that's what you mean by "ripped" then I suppose you're right. But ripped like the tiles from R/S/E/FR/LG? No, not like that. Screen to prove the 3D thing if you don't believe me:

Content Hidden
}
ripped like sprites? no. taken stills, cleaned them up (sometimes quite poorly, or not at all?) yes.

so I'd still call these "edits."
}
That I could agree with, but a lot of the mess is coming from the effects. Personally I thought it looked better that way, but apparently not.
}
people are pretty divided over whether or not hq2x looks good. I've always thought it looks like a lazy way to turn a 16-bit resolution high-def, myself.
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   First Seed Material and RMXP Total Conversion JayRay 6 12,533 08-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: hanetzer
   How to make Animated tiles? Ahzoh 1 6,115 08-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Last Post: cosmickitty
   Charlie's Edits and recolors (Tiles) Charlie Fleed 0 3,456 01-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed