Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Shadow Sphere
Maker: RPG Maker VX Ace
I’m not the best at describing stories but I’ll try.
Story Prologue:
The world Vispiria is a vast place where many things have happened in its past. It is protected by the eight elementals Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, Shadow, Light Dragonfire and Spirit/Holy. If these elementals where to be removed or abused the world will fall out of balance and everything will plunge into choas. It is said that there were eight angels several years ago who were the ones who created the eight elementals. However they had sealed the element Shadow away do to its violent power to destroy and cause death. There are certain people who can use the Shadow elemental but very few can without it taking their life.

Main Story:
Princess Megan has leaved all her life and been betrayed by many of her friends in the past. She now feels like she can never find the right friends. However when she finds out that her own fiancée plans to unleash the shadow elemental in the world, she learns that she must stop him once and for all.
She’ll have to overcome a lot of obstacles in order to defeat him. The only problem is no one truly knows how to defeat him.

Main Characters:

[Image: eli-a.png]
Princess Megan
Height: 5’0
Weight: 145lbs
Class: Water Knight
Elemental Power: Water
Profile: Megan is the princess of Lilmore castle. However she is known to be overly sensitive sometimes. No one blames her for being this way because a lot of her friends had betrayed her in the past and many men who have promised to remain by her side left her. Over many years of betrayal she has became discouraged about meeting new people. She loves to explore places with her best friend GiGi who has known her since she was 14 years old and one of the only few people who didn’t betray her.

[Image: LouiseFace1.png]
GiGi
Height: 5’1
Weight: 142lbs.
Class: Wind User
Elemental Power: Wind
Profile: GiGi is Megan’s best friend and has known her since she was 14 years old. She likes to explore places like forests, caves, temples, and mountains. She always calms Megan down when she gets upset and makes sure she is stable. She is not afraid to try new things.

[Image: Actor4-3a.png]
Nicklelack:
Height: 6’1
Weight: 178
Class: Holy Knight
Elemental Power: Spirit/Holy
Profile: Nicklelack was once the best friend of Megan’s fiancée. He claims to be trying to find away to stop him. He seems to be
He seems to be obsessed with helping Megan, but no one really knows what he is up too. Not much is known about him either.

[Image: Elmer-Normal.png]

Mat
Height: 6’0
Weight: 165
Class: Fire Soldier
Elemental Power: Fire
Profile: Mat was once a knight from Grayford Castle. However Queen Susan exiled him due to a misunderstanding. He now stays at Elkron Castle helping Prince Clovis. He hopes to be able to travel the world one day and discover new things. He is very protective of Megan and GiGi since they are friends with Prince Clovis.

There will be more characters in this category later.

Supporting Characters:

[Image: Ralphc.png]

Prince Clovis:
Height: 6’2
Weight: 175lbs
Profile: Clovis is the prince of Elkron Castle and one another one of Megan’s friends who never betrayed her. He has known Megan ever since he and she were 5 years old. His parents were friends of Megan’s parents. He has known Megan longer than any of her friends she still has. Sadly his mother died ten years ago and his father is gravely ill.

There will be more characters in this category too.
Evil Characters:

[Image: SeatheriousFace1.png]
Seatherious:
Height: 6’4
Weight: 185lbs
Profile: Seatherious was Megan’s fiancée and promised to be by her side all the time. However he didn’t truly want to be with her. He now plans to release the Shadow elemental into the world and let it fall into darkness.

There will be more characters in this category too.

Screens: Not all are in game because some of the maps where too big
[Image: SSScreen1.png]

[Image: ShadowSphereTitleScreen.png]

[Image: SSBattleScreen.png]

[Image: SSSaveScreen.png]

[Image: SSSarasCastle.png]

[Image: SScreen2.png]

Credits:
Some of the face graphics were made by Archeia Nessiah and are available here
http://divisionheave.../material-list/
Some of the face graphics are from here too http://eurs.blog65.fc2.com/
Monster graphics are from RPG Maker Advance
Mack's Tiles
Scripts:
Yami Script Ace - Simple Anti-lag Event
Victor Engine - Basic Module
Victor Engine - Animated Battle
Victor Engine - Actors Battlers
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine
Yanfly Engine Ace - Battle Engine Add-On: Enemy HP Bars
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Message System
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Save Engine
Yanfly Engine Ace - Command Window Icons
Victor Engine - Yanfly Engine Ace Patch
Picture Bug Fix by Raizen884
Music:
Golden Sun
Zelda
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
RPG Maker DS
If am missing anything let me know and I’ll add it. I try to give everyone credit if I know who made some of the stuff.

Demo(Does not include the RTP):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pm6jyz
Mods I don't know how to put things in spoilers please tell me how so I can.

Also here is a hunt if you trouble with certain enemies:
If the enemy is fire base their weakness is water, if they're earth based their weakness is wind, if they're water base their weakness is earth, if they are wind based their weakness is wind itself. For future demos if the enemy is shadow base their weakness is light or spirit/holy, if they're light base their weakness is dragonfire. Dragonfire and Spirit/Holy do not have weakness though.
Note: The game is playable until after the Shrine of God sorry for not pointing that out. Also I really want feedback on this so please tell me what you think if you play it. I won't get mad at any negative feedback as long as it is constructive.
Reply }
Why won't anyone post any feedback or look at this? Please I really want feedback on it very badly. I won't get mad about any feedback as long as it is given in a contructive manor. I don't mean to be rude but I feel like you guys and girls are just judging it by the stuff I made in the past and bothering to try my game. That's very unfair.
Reply }
Quote:Mods I don't know how to put things in spoilers please tell me how so I can.
Use these: [*spoiler] [*/spoiler] just take out the "*"

Content Hidden
Quote:I feel like you guys and girls are just judging it by the stuff I made in the past and bothering to try my game. That's very unfair.
I've never seen any of your previous work so that would be hard! :P
You won't get far by accusing people, especially if they're innocent. You'd be better off just gently reminding people that this project exists and that you'd appreciate constructive feedback.

As for feedback itself -
You should look into fixing the language in places:
"He seems to be abscessed with helping Megan" and "Queen Susan exiled him do to a misunderstanding" should be:
"He seems to be obsessed with helping Megan" and "Queen Susan exiled him due to a misunderstanding".

People will enjoy your game more if you don't have issues like that. :)

I'm glad you didn't use the RTP tilesets and used Mac ones instead. They're pretty and work well with your map design. Decent work on mapping too by the way, quite detailed and natural looking as far as I can tell.
Reply }
Didn't you just post the game itself yesterday?
I like to play people's games, but personally it takes me a long time before I can get to them.
People are just busy with a lot of other things I'm guessing.
And I wouldn't assume that it's because people are judging you on other works. I too have never really seen your other projects (though I am relatively new).
One of the most important parts of indie development is patience, my friend.
I appreciate Nessiah's charactersets for their quality, and MetalRenard is right about the grammar. Though it might not seem like a big deal, people will freak out about that (I admit to being a grammar nazi).
I'd be happy to take a look at this, but it'll take a while before I get there. How long is the game (estimation)?
Reply }
Damn. I didn't even notice he only waited a day before having a mini-rant. Don't you think that's a bit over the top Rose Guardian?
Reply }
Looks quite nice from the screens, I'll try the demo if I get some free time^^
[Image: 76561198077561206.png]
Reply }
Thank you MetalRenard and Milarso, I guess I just tend to be a very impatiant person. When I don't get feedback I get scared that no one will give me any. Sorry for accusing anyone about my other projects.

Also thank you Ace and please don't forget to tell me what you think.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Shadow of the Necromancers Nightmar 3 7,981 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Nightmar