Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Game in a week - Results
[Image: gameinaweek.png]

The concept
How well will you be able to design, develop and publish a game using just one week?
Will you manage to make it original, polished, interesting, beautiful or unique enough to win?
In this contest, not only your skill as a game designer and developer be tested, but also how well you are able to plan your progress.

The rules
  • One week; from contest beginning to contest end. No development, resource gathering/production etc. before the competition.
  • Team up or go alone. Teams are allowed, but may be taken into account when judging

The judge
Content Hidden

Contestants
  • Jacket
  • Yamina-chan
  • Kristovski
  • MetalRenard
  • AFAGURO

Judgement
  • Originality: How much of the resources are self-made and how inventive have you been with systems for this game?
  • Polish: Glitches? Bugs? Is everything working?
  • Fun: Was this game fun?
  • Presentation: Audio and graphics

Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

Reply }
I'm in. I've always able to make new resources in a pinch, but I'd suggest giving an idea of how long a game should be. I mean, without teaming up or doing no original custom stuff, a full hour long game could very well take a week.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
Wow Im sorry to say I cant join this,But even a polished Rmer is ganna need more time then that.
Im ganna be curious as to play these one week games.
Reply }
I don't want to put pressure on you guys concerning length. The longer the better, but keep in mind that the quality and content is more important than length.
Valdred

Reply }
I've see competitions that give people not one week but one NIGHT to create an original game. The results are surprising!

When will this take place? I restart University in two days so I'm not sure I'll have time. If someone's looking for a musician for their team I'm up for it! Sadly, I can't participate alone since I have next to no talent in creating sprites and CGI.
Reply }
Ahh cool. For some reason if I get told to make a 15 minute long game, or an hour long game, or whatever, I find it's such a hurdle. It's so much easier to just do what I do, and let it go. It ends where I felt it should end, and I don't buffer or drop just because of a silly time restraint.

Also, yeah. A week isn't a whole lot of time, but I've seen 24 hour trips and even 6 hour competitions. Granted, they rarely ever never have any custom stuff made just for it, outside of a title screen -if that- but they're all doable. You just can't be a perfectionist. Gotta be better than that.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
It will start once we have enough competitors. I hope we can get going within three/four days.
Valdred

Reply }
This sounds interesting, it really does.
I'd love to try this and see what happens but on the other hand I know that I'll be busy with work for some weeks, so I won't have much time to work on a game...
Ah, what ever.
I'm in, as long as no one will get mad at me if I'm not able to finish the game in time ^^' (Which is likely to happen Happy with a sweat )
I promise I'll do my best, but I can't promise that I'll have a game after a week. So...maybe you should count me as an exta or rule me out right away XD' Dunno, it's up to you to decide on that.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
If your unsure if you can do it alone, Valdred did say you could team up with someone. Maybe it could be worth a shot. Find someone who wants in for the fun - or bragging rights, and just hit the town running.

Half of these contests are usually won by really bored people with too much time on their hands, cheaters who would have already started, and -the better option- people who teamed up and tackled different methods separately. Granted, Valdred did say that teaming up might be -as I read- penalized a point or two, but if you really shine those two points ain't gonna bother for nothing. And best of all, you'd have had fun and, maybe, made a new friend :3
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
I don't mind teaming up with someone, but I'd rather do that with someone I know and - best of all- have worked with before. It helps to coordinate the work better, if there is a timelimit. And -sadly- I've encountered people who are part of a team but don't really do anything or fail to work with others on more then one occasion.
Also, more importandly: I absolutely don't want to let anyone down if I can't make it in time.

But that leads me to an other question that might be interesting: What about teaming up with someone who is not part of save-point?
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   SMILE GAME BUILDER only $13.99 DerVVulfman 0 802 12-27-2022, 05:06 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Unnamed Game Engine is known as Roole kyonides 2 3,743 08-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   I have a request when making your next game... JayRay 1 4,517 11-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Input on what sort of game you'd be interested in ChickenFetus 7 12,886 06-28-2016, 03:14 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Game Development Dream Team Kain Nobel 2 6,115 06-17-2016, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   my Game Battle Questions! JayRay 3 5,889 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   [Kinda-Poll] Pattern Game for new maker hanetzer 4 7,784 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Last Post: JayRay
Video  Lets Make a Game LilyKnight 27 29,413 09-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: greenraven
  Game Idea Thread KasperKalamity 30 35,403 11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
  XNA Game Stdio 4.0 millarso 2 5,687 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Last Post: millarso