Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Sideview Battle Tankentai & Trickster's Individual Cmds
hey question... is there a way to get Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP to work with Tricksters Advanced Individual Battle Commands

http://rmvxp.com/thread-951.html
http://rmvxp.com/thread-234.html

*Edit by DerVVulfman - Separate Script Merger thread.

*Edit by wsensor - sorry about that... my mistake...

The reason I ask... is because Tricksters Advanced Individual Battle Commands has unique features... Such as adding skills based on what items you have equiped... Adding Skill Slots that hold specific skills with several features for the skills

Like if you were to put in the battlecommands file an item such as Beginners Magic Book
Your character could be set to have a skill slot "Beginners Magic" that would show up...
you can then set it to hold a few beginners spells... (when used with a skill learning script it can give alot of nice features XD add in a skill script that hides skills that you have not learned prerequisites for and wow you got a very nice combination...)

I have tried messing around with trying to get this to work a few times but I always fail at it...

*Edited again by wsensor -

I saw how the other sdk-script thread that deals with sdk and scripts but I was wandering if there is a way to make Tricksters script not require the sdk so I could use it instead of the other individual battle command scripts
Reply }
After checking *about bumping topics (did not want to if I was not allowed)*
I decided it would probably be better to post in a 2nd part of the thread instead of just editing each time...

Is there a way to remove the sdk parts from Tricksters Script and just keep the MACL part?
when removing all the sdk requirement commands at the beginning of each of the scripts...I got rid of that 0 of 4 error message...

I got this error next...
Code:
Script 'Class Modifications' line 262: NameError occurred.
undefined method `main_window` for class `Scene_Battle`

===this is the code at line 262 in the class modifications script===
  alias_method :trick_aibc_battle_main_window, :main_window

I am guessing that is because without the sdk it is aliasing a non existing area???
but also on top of that...
also noticed I would further have to check the sbs battle systems custom individual commands...

could you please check this since I am not good at scripting at all... (only good at minor OBVIOUS edits XD)
Reply }
There will be quite a bit of difficulty here.

I have recently looked at the Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP system because someone else had issues with the SDK as well. The SDK rewrites the default RGSS system so there's one issue. The Tankentai system totally rewrites the battlesystem as well so there's another issue. The two are totally incompatible.

And of course, Trickster's Advanced Individual Battle Commands is so dependent on the SDK that there is virtually little chance to un-SDK his system.

You may have better luck applying the original Individual Battle Commands by RPG Advocate. Direct editing of the Tankentai may be necessary.
Reply }
Darn... I figured that would be a huge problem after all...
Oh well guess I will have to figure out something else...
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System and TP System zlsl 2 3,718 10-20-2021, 05:09 AM
Last Post: zlsl
   [RMXP] Showing skill gained by leveling up on battle result FrQise 12 10,299 05-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: FrQise
   Adding face script on Cogwheel's RTAB Battle Status rekkatsu 15 12,827 08-25-2020, 03:09 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   I want to add an Atoa Custom Battle System command cut-in. zlsl 11 11,833 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM
   Question about ACBS (Atoa Custom Battle System) aeliath 10 10,860 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   YAMI Battle symphony + Holder add on (Loop casting anim) Starmage 0 3,898 03-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Starmage
   (RMVXace) Battle error with Tankentai's battle system, help. x( Starmage 0 3,476 02-14-2018, 04:25 PM
   Atoa Individual Battle Commands Geminil 3 6,155 08-02-2017, 03:17 AM
   Problems with counteraatack addon of Atoa Custom Battle System Djigit 22 31,381 01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Noctis
   RMXP SKill animations too bright (overlaying the battle screen) Starmage 4 9,147 06-13-2016, 03:41 AM