Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre
Trailers
If there's anything i enjoy beyond anything else, it's tying up years of work into an easy to digest epic trailer.

There's a reason I make one of these just about any excuse I can get. let's start with one of the trailers that made me realize I have something special here.

Menagerie ~Remastered! Official Trailer 1

This was also the first trailer where I had absolutely no third-party voice acting.

My trailers before this point either used third-party voice acting (there's one instance of this) or they had no voice acting, and even some of my more recent trailers follow this trend. For example:

Intelligence 314th Clash: Itchy Patch Trailer

The silly name is based on the fact I did an update for itch.io integration.

PFC and onwards, I really tried hard to do the oice acting angle. Even if it meant hiring voice actors that didn't quite meet the expectations for the characters.

Mostly, Nola's voice actor is too quiet, but it works well enough for this trailer. I've since had Zoe Moodle do the voice of Nola. Casting my Stepdad as Saxxis was also a mistake. if i ever remaster PFC, I will utilize some of the new voice talent I have to fill in these parts.

All the same, the trailer is pretty cool. I was also having a really hard time finding good inspiration for this one, so the fact I managed to push something of this manitude out after I was already fairly burnt out really shows how committed I was to selling the game.

It worked out well, as PFC is one of my most popular games, and is one of the most widely recognized works I've been behind. it rode the itch.io algorithm on high for a good couple weeks.

Moving on to Fantasia...

Fantasia Demo 3 - Official Trailer

There are many trailers for Fantasia, but this one is the one I have received the most praise for. it perfectly melds the surreal and haunting themes the game represents, while using excellent voice acting and dope music to bring together a passion project of five years.

The only unfortunate part is I said it would come out December, where in reality it came three months later. I'll let that slide though, everyone else sure did!
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 11-21-2023, 10:42 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 11-21-2023, 11:13 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 11-21-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 11-21-2023, 11:31 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 01-21-2024, 11:31 PM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 02-19-2024, 02:40 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 02-24-2024, 07:44 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 03-04-2024, 02:07 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 03-18-2024, 04:57 AM
RE: Remi-chan's Cinematic Theatre - by Remi-chan - 03-24-2024, 04:36 AM