Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Knives
Knives

XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

Use this scriptlet to make your weapon get stronger every single time you flee from battle AFTER striking your Witch Zombie Golem foes with the infamous Chicken Chicken Knife! Killer 

Keep in mind that the Chicken Knife does not always make you flee away from your foes. Confused

There is also the possiblity to create a single Hestia Knife or Level Knife as well! Shocked

Types of Knives:
  • Chicken Knife
  • Hestia Knife
  • Level Knife
  • Victory Knife
  • Brave Knife (Brave Brave?)
  • Moody Knife (A Victory & Brave Combo)
  • Death Knife (Dead Hero)

RMXP's Configuration

Code:
module Knives
# Hestia Knife ID
  HESTIA_ID = 33
# Hestia Knife Hero's STR Percent
  HESTIA_STR_PERCENT = 20
# Level Knife ID - Points per Level: Weapon's ATK Points in the DB!
  LEVEL_ID = 34
# Chicken Knife Settings
  CHICKEN_ID = 35
  CHICKEN_ESCAPE_RATE = 25
  CHICKEN_ATK_INCREASE = 2
  CHICKEN_ATK_MAX = 256
# Victory Knife Settings
  VICTORY_ID = 36
  VICTORY_ATK_INCREASE = 2
  VICTORY_ATK_MAX = 256
# Brave Knife Settings
  BRAVE_ID = 37
  BRAVE_ATK_INCREASE = 2
  BRAVE_ATK_MAX = 256
# Moody Knife Settings
  MOODY_ID = 38
  MOODY_ATK_INCREASE = 2
  MOODY_ATK_MAX = 256
# Death Knife Settings
  DEATH_ID = 39
  DEATH_ATK_INCREASE = 10
  DEATH_ATK_MAX = 300
  # Some Extra Code Here
end

Configuration for RMVX and ACE

Leave a Chicken Knife note like:

Code:
_chicken knife plus 1 max 100 50%_

Or a Hestia Knife note like:

Code:
_hestia knife atk 10%_

Or a Level Knife note like:

Code:
_level knife_

...in your favorite weapon's note box.
plus means new points, while max stands for the maximum attack points it will get.
The percentage % defines your escape rate.

Terms & Conditions

Free for Non Commercial.
Contact me if you are going Commercial.
Include my nickname in your game credits!
Do not repost it anywhere!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
More Ports Are Now Available!

Well, you know me, I love to keep making ports to all RGSS based makers! Grinning

RMXP and VX and ACE users can now count on my ChickenKnife scripts to successfully implement that FF feature in your game projects!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
The Script Has Been Rebranded! Shocked

From now on, your beloved script starting from version 1.1.0 will be called Knives XP or Knives ACE! Grinning
You know, I haven't had time to upgrade the other RGSS based port. Laughing

Just in case you have never watched Danmachi, a little girl with boobs offers the lead character a weird knife, but this one isn't made for the Chicken chickens!

Hestia Knife's ATK stat is based on RMXP's basic ATK points multiplied by the hero's current STR points multiplied by a predefined percent and then divided by 100.

In RMVX ACE both the hero and the weapon have ATK stats of their own so both are used in that formula.

Level Knife's ATK stat depends on the current hero's level multiplied by its basic ATK stat! Shocked

By the way, the link on the main post has been updated!

Any further use or distribution of the old ChickenKnife demos is forbidden.

Happy Ghost Ghost Busting!

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Didn't Final Fantasy have a special Knife that did damage based on Victories?

You could add the Victory Knife!

(That memory may be fabricated, but that sounds like the perfect counterpart to the Chicken Knife.)

The other Knives sound pretty cool. I keep a collection of Knives myself, but I don't think I have any of those knives. They must be pretty rare and special!
Either way, cool script!  Joe Cool
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
(03-01-2023, 08:21 AM)Kain Nobel Wrote: Didn't Final Fantasy have a special Knife that did damage based on Victories?

(That memory may be fabricated, but that sounds like the perfect counterpart to the Chicken Knife.)

The other Knives sound pretty cool. I keep a collection of Knives myself, but I don't think I have any of those knives. They must be pretty rare and special!
Either way, cool script!  Joe Cool

I think you're talking about the Brave Brave from Final Fantasy V but it works differently: it was the most powerful weapon in the original game with the catch that it lost power every time the characters ran from battle.
Reply }
There you go! Call it the "Damned If You Don't Blade"

+ BONUS if you get a victory!
- PENALTY if you run from battle!

Only caveat is that you actually have to have the blade equipped to get the bonuses, and you ALWAYS get the penalties (no stuffing the knife in your pocket before hitting that run away command)
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
(03-01-2023, 08:21 AM)Kain Nobel Wrote: Didn't Final Fantasy have a special Knife that did damage based on Victories?

(03-01-2023, 05:21 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: I think you're talking about the Brave Brave from Final Fantasy V but it works differently: it was the most powerful weapon in the original game with the catch that it lost power every time the characters ran from battle.

(03-01-2023, 08:59 PM)JayRay Wrote: There you go! Call it the "Damned If You Don't Blade"
+ BONUS if you get a victory!
- PENALTY if you run from battle!

Thinking Well, since all of them sound like interesting suggestions from the very beginning, I can now announce that...

3 Brand New Knives Have Been Added to the XP Script! Shocked

Happy with a sweat I gotta admit that RMXP's always been the easiest maker to implement many things for it's not as blocked by the default features and script structure as later installments are. Laughing
Of course, that also means Confused you have to manually implement many features, Grinning but I don't care! Laughing
Drooling I love doing that!

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
It Has Been a Great XPerience! Grinning

Since I still felt like something was missing in the RMXP port, I decided I still had to add just another type of knife, namely the Killer Death Knife!

How does it work?

It's quite simple! Your Orson hero simply needs to... err... fall in battle! Laughing
Happy with a sweat Yeah, I know. It looks... painful for sure. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Thinking I'm not sure a Death Knight like Arthas would ever wield a petty knife in battle, but who cares! Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }