Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Peer pressured badly to switch engines?
No VVulfman. I'm saying the text window and menu are still stuck in the 640x480 trapezoid and will be until you edit all the scripts or make a master resolution script to modify their values.

The fact the text box shows in the upper right corner of the screen confirms this. That's what i mean by it not being dynamic.

My point is, it's a shit ton of work to get it going. Then if you wanna add say, I dunno, a script that provides a window, like say a Skill Tree or Journal, then you also have to adjust that.

In MV, it fluidly changes.

All the RPGmakers start with weird resolutions, yes. But in MV you change two numbers, and everything updates dynamically. This being the norm has also made coders for plugins considerate of the same conventions.

AnĀ idiot Wrote:I'm still wondering why people defend a product that reached the 1.6.1 milestone.
My god is this meant to be an argument against MV? Most game engines are patched. Hell, most every piece of software is patched. Where they add new things, or increase viability of various elements. The fact they kept updating the engine instead of letting it stagnate with a rotten interpreter class (which isn't even hard to fix) like they did in XP and VX is a selling point. Not the hard-hitting criticism you daftly seem to think it is.

I'll be fairly brief with you. You've already proven to be a lost cause. Reading through most of your response, it's the epitome of being blind to the problems and just hyping up XP instead of offering any substance. I will just confirm a few things.

The ports for Mac and Linux work fine, as my friends who have those operating systems can attest.

I don't care about making mobile games so I dunno about that stuff.

The issue with lag caused by the above changes was fixed day one by a patch Yanfly made who at the time was basically the official coder for the program.

No one made the MV for visual novel argument because it's stupid. So why even bring it up? Generally speaking I wish western idiots would stop trying to make VNs, they are not good at it.

XP inspired a generation of coders, yes. So did Game Maker, Neverwinter Nights Toolset, Ren'py, WolfRPG and Macromedia Flash. It's not a legacy. It's just happenstance. it means nothing in the present day. That is fully and entirely: Nostalgia. Nothing more.

Talking up that RMXP could integrate into other engines is a bit short-sighted when it can't even port outside of windows like MV can. The fact you see that as a feature and not as some bizarre design flaw brought on by the engines legendary amount of limitations is a tad concerning.

MV has tools it can use as well. I don't use them because bluntly put: I'm a competent gamedev who doesn't need training wheels. But this does kinda derail your entire hype-train.

The jitter is only an issue on low end PCs. I never have had that. The reason scripting can't fix it is because it's a hardware issue, not an engine inbuilt one.

Also XP has loads of flaws which I already listed. But this is why I'm choosing to mostly disregard you. You aren't being reasonable, you're just being a simp.

The fervor some show for XP is honestly tragic. You are a good example of what I mean, Kyo.

Steel is reasonable. He knows what he likes and why he likes it, but can at least agree with some of my points.

You aren't. You're trying to blanket all of XP's wrongs with pointless platitudes, which makes you basically pointless to debate this with.
}

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 10:39 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 12:32 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 12:57 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 01:55 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 02:05 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-26-2023, 03:09 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 04:53 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Melana - 01-26-2023, 05:57 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-26-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-26-2023, 08:26 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by kyonides - 01-26-2023, 09:32 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by Remi-chan - 01-26-2023, 11:01 PM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by JayRay - 01-27-2023, 02:08 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by JayRay - 01-27-2023, 02:20 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by DerVVulfman - 01-27-2023, 05:07 AM
RE: What's up, RMers? - by kyonides - 01-27-2023, 05:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. aerendyll 27 33,783 02-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Xathia Vastar