Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kylock's Time System VX 1.3
Kylock's Time System VX 1.3
by Kylock

This is a locked, single-post thread from Creation Asylum. Archived here to prevent its loss.
No support is given. If you are the owner of the thread, please contact administration.

This script will track game time as well as automatically tint the screen for a day/night effect.
You can make events dependent on time thanks to game variable output support.
You can customize how dark you want it to be at what time.
You can designate certain maps as "outside" so they are the only ones that are dark at night! (Add [KTS] to map name.)
You can choose the speed of your game's clock.
Because the entire time system is an object, its possible to instance or have more than one game clock. PM me for details if you really need this functionality.

Detailed installation and script usage instructions are included in the script header, just like all my other scripts. The usage is VERY similar to the XP version that I wrote over a year ago - if you are familiar with it at all.

To answer a few question before they are asked:
- I am not including weeks, months and years because it gets too complicated when you have a different amount of days in each month for example. The primary intention of this script is to allow you to build your events based on hours in the day and time periods throughout the day. (Ex: The time-locked vault can only be opened between 2 and 3. or The guy with the password can only be found drinking in the bar at midnight.)
- The [KTS] that you put in your map names remains hidden to other scripts, like Map Name Popups and such.
- For script compatibility reasons, if you use a CMS, you might get better results if this script is located ABOVE your CMS. If you have a CMS and want a time window added to it, this is a really easy hack for any scripter, so please make a request in the appropriate Script Requests Forum.
- There are no screenshots because that would be pointless. You can define your own screen tones and there is an added window for time right above the gold window in the default menu. That's all there is, I promise!

Now, the script itself:

Script

Sample Event

I am open to requests not covered above.

Enjoy,
Kylock
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prinny Day & Night System Beta 1 PringerX 0 2,433 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PringerX
  Quest system v0.9 elbrunito 0 2,656 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: elbrunito
  Alchemy System Sephirothtds 0 2,132 06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Sephirothtds
  RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + Addons Kylock 0 2,984 04-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Kylock
  MVX Rank System Leon Blade 0 2,047 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Leon Blade