Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System 2.6 Translated + Addons
RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System Version 2.6
Translation Version 1.3 by Kylock

This is a locked, single-post thread from Creation Asylum. Archived here to prevent its loss.
No support is given. If you are the owner of the thread, please contact administration.

Original Script Website: http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/

While admittedly the translation is not yet 100%, all the important stuff to get you up and running with all the fun combo moves you see on youtube and the ability to create your own moves is there (good luck with that btw).

The enemy status bar addon is now included in the demo.

My ranged weapons addon is now included in the demo. It adds 2 custom animation and an animation sprite. We now have animated projectiles.

If you don't wanna read all my crap, here's the link: DEMO.

Screenshots:
[Image: ss3.jpg][Image: ss1.jpg]

Installation instructions, various credits and release notes are included in the header of the configuration portion of the script (part one).
Please note that to fully incorporate this script into an existing game requires copying image files and game database entries. Once again - specifics are listed in the header on the first part of the script in the demo.

Compatibility may possibly be an issue with other scripts that directly affect the battle system since many battle system functions are rewritten in this. If you need to make this script work with another, please post your request in the appropriate forum. I didn't write this script myself, so I am not confident that I can provide answers to all the questions, but I have been studying it for quite some time, so I believe I have a firm grasp on it's functionality.

Changelog:
  • 1.0 - 4.12.08 - Rough release of only scripts with lots of broken-ness.
  • 1.1 - 4.22.08 - Release with retranslated hashes and a retranslated database. Distributed as a demo.
  • 1.2 - 4.24.08 - Corrected some missing Kanji translations that broke the functionality of some "chained" Skills. (thanks to Eolirin@rmxp.org) Also added the picture for the 'cut-in' move.
  • 1.3 - 5.9.08 - Updated Translation to Version 2.6 of the original script.
As you can see in my screen shots, this DOES work with animated battlers with a few configuration modifications.

Configuration changes for animated battlers

ADDONS
Updated: 5.11.08

My Ranged Weapons addon has been updated and is now included with the demo because it adds new animations and a spritesheet.

These restore the original first 3 skills that no longer work with the new battle system in all of their awesome glory!

Dual Attack Addon

Double Attack Addon

Triple Attack Addon

Addon to enable Animated Battlers for the Enemies (Configuration required-see script header)

Enemy Animated Battlers

Addon to make some enemies not move to attack. I guess this can be useful on bosses, or anything that shouldn't be moving around =p See script header for installation instructions and details.

Stationary Enemies

Introducing my EPIC BATTLES addon. Meant to easily define boss battles, It easily implements the custom collapse or death animation for an enemy and allows you to define special Battle BGM and Victory ME based on the Troop ID from your game database. ITS TRULY EPIC!!!! (note that this added functionality does NOT work in the battle test).

EPIC BATTLES

This new addon, I made at the request of gend0 (rpgrevolution.com). Since making ranged weapons addon very bow-centric, he lost the ability to use guns. So this new addon give a neat animation for guns. Details are in the script header - along with tips on making good gun type weapons.

GUNS Addon

If you have problems let me know, while I admit that I don't have all the free time in the world to help you out, I'll do what I can. As far as distribution goes, post this everywhere you want, just make sure everyone gets their fair share of credit. See the script header for credits - as a matter of fact, since it's all in the header, you should be safe. If you profit commercially from this script, good for you!

Enjoy!
Kylock
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prinny Day & Night System Beta 1 PringerX 0 2,397 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PringerX
  Battle/Map BGM Selector crazyninjaguy 0 1,900 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Last Post: crazyninjaguy
  Quest system v0.9 elbrunito 0 2,617 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: elbrunito
  Alchemy System Sephirothtds 0 2,100 06-17-2008, 01:00 PM