Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Show Choices
Awesome "Show Choices"
by Jimmie
Jul 23 2009

This is a locked, single-post thread from Creation Asylum. Archived here to prevent its loss.
No support is given. If you are the owner of the thread, please contact administration.

Introduction
These topics describe quite well what the script does. In short it will gather all consecutive "Show Choice" commands and bunch them into one. You can have any number of choices, but the window will eventually go off-screen (future versions, I swear! XD). The "Awesome" part is that you can use codes to set prerequisites for a choice to be shown, eg if an option has "{13}" in it, it will only be shown if switch 13 is on. There are several more prerequisites you can set, and work-arounds for options that get too big for their boxes.

Screenshot
[Image: showchoicescreenie.jpg]

Instructions
Copy the scripts from the demo or from below, and plug them into your game. Instructions on how to use the script are in the script, and examples are in the demo. I cannot make the usage any more clear than those two sources already do.

Scripts

.txt   Interpreter.txt (Size: 10.59 KB / Downloads: 7)

.txt   Window_Message.txt (Size: 977 bytes / Downloads: 4)

For ccoa's UMS
Paste these two scripts below your already installed UMS. It's OK if you want to remove the version you already have, but I recommend you keep it since it could be hard to find if you change your mind. None of the above scripts are needed.

.txt   Interpreter__UMS_.txt (Size: 10.88 KB / Downloads: 1)

.txt   patched_ums.txt (Size: 107.01 KB / Downloads: 1)

Patch for Dubealex's AMS
Use this script instead of the Window_Message script above. Also use the Interpreter script from above. Paste them both below the AMS, which is required.

.txt   Window_Message__AMS_.txt (Size: 1.31 KB / Downloads: 1)

Updates
  • 2nd of August, 2009
    • Updated the "Interpreter" and "Window_Message" text-files. There was nothing wrong with the scripts included in the demo, but switch to these if you got the text-files earlier.
    • Made a version of Window_Message for use with Dubealex's AMS. Considering the possibilities of fusing all three versions into a single one.

Finally
Be creative, have fun!

//Jimmie
}