Poll: Which inventory system do you perfer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Old School : RM's default inventory system
75.00%
3 75.00%
New School : Limited carry with drop boxes
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Limited Carry / Inventory Cache concept
Personally, I am not againgst such a system even tough it would often frustrate me as a player. (I'm that type of person who keeps collecting things and things and wants to own at least one of each item at the end of the game so having a limited amount space often got in the way with that XD)
If however there are these storrage boxes - and more then one, so you can access then from various places like inns for example, I'm perfectly fine with this and actually find it quite belivable.
One of my favourite RPGs, Grandia, had the best system in this area that I know of, where each character could only carry 12 items and two herbs for example would each take one slot of these 12. Also, in a fight the characters could only use the items they were holding but they could chose who to give it to. There were those "storage boxes" as well and there were enough of them around to count on them and use them well, but not so much that you could ignore the fact that you had a limited amount of items with you.
Basically, it was verry logical but not to an extend where it'd loose the typical JRPG feeling.
I'm sure there are many other games out there with a similar set up and I've seen some RPG Makger games with limited items and storrage chests as well but rarly they've been used well.
In short: if handled wisely this is a good addition =)
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Limited Carry / Inventory Cache concept - by yamina-chan - 10-24-2011, 06:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   New RMXP idea/concept. Sorry if in wrong section. Jparker1984 9 13,420 06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Jparker1984