Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines.
I am a beginner at scripting Confused but I have an eye for nice graphics when I am playing a game. I think there are pro's and cons to both. Seems like the pro's for xp is that the number of resources are more abundant, the mapping to me is just better looking. I feel like more believable maps are achievable even though they decided to go without the parallax looping. Cry Why? Oh why? VX seemed to want to take a lot of the tediousness that made xp cumbersome to new users. The quick events, facesets coming back, vehicles, a more organized scripting system. It seemed like vx was trying to capture those users that xp lost due to being to complicated. I liked that vx had the easy autotiles but i hated the auto shadowing. Some shadows weren't appropriate. I don't like the short wide character sets they implimented. I did like the quick events. I am currently using xp because of it's appeal to my eye. I don't know how to script either on vx or xp so scripting isnt the issue for me. I am clueless either way. I love the layers and actual roundness of xp tiles. Maybe i just don't know how to work vx yet. That's why i have serials for them both. You never know what the future will hold. Laughing + Tongue sticking out
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Guest - 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Peer pressured badly to switch engines? kyonides 32 13,198 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel