Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines.
I gotta say, because I am a mapper and am very anal about that sort of thing, I prefer XP. However, that is really the only thing I prefer XP on. If VX had the same mapping as XP, I'd instantly be switching over.

Something I've heard around (not sure if it's here, but I was thinking of it anyway) that it's harder to make nice looking maps with VX. I don't agree with this at all. Sure, you have less layers to work with (which is a real pain at times). But, if you take time and all that, making a appealing map isn't that hard. All it does it take time. Like, remember how bad maps looked when we all first started to use XP (unless of course you were just that good... most of us weren't)? That's how I feel with VX. Gotta learn to make good maps again, and you can't expect a miracle as soon as you give it your first try.

So, in conclusion, if not for the mapping and the very limited layers I have to work with, I'd be happy with VX. But, while I know that it just takes time and all that to make a good map and if you're diligent enough, you definitely can make a good map, I do believe they dropped the ball on the mapping.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Ronove - 01-08-2009, 02:33 AM
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Guest - 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Peer pressured badly to switch engines? kyonides 32 13,194 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel