Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines.
IF... IF....

RPGMaker VX used the mapping system of RMXP (the drawing tools, terrain tags, et al.) and included battler graphics for actors in the database (w/ applicably set battle animations), I wouldn't have a problem. But the problem is purely built into the editor. So while there are scripts to help overcome the limitations, it is cumbersome to re-install the lost features.

The RTP Graphics and Audio can be replaced. Scripts to replace the menu and battle system can be implemented. And it is nice that they returned the vehicles and facesets from earlier RM systems. And while it is referred to as RGSS(2) instead of RGSS, it is still a variation of the Ruby scripting language. So that's no problem. I still think the RMXP SDK team should get royalties from EnterBrain since they used the SDK's Scene_Base system.

While I do have the license for both, I'll stick with RPGMaker XP as most of the features in VX are already available in script format.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by DerVVulfman - 08-29-2009, 05:33 PM
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Guest - 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Peer pressured badly to switch engines? kyonides 32 13,249 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel